Elementary School Musical

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Ms.Jasztal, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Sep 1, 2007

This is something my students came up with- "Ms. Jasztal, there's a High School Musical. Why can't we come up with an Elementary School Musical?" They're interesting, to say the least! I have at least three songwriters in my class. :cool:

I thought about it, and it can go to good use- maybe my students can write academic chants, especially about multiplication and grammar. That's some of their areas of weakness. For example, I posted about there, their, and they're! Do you think I'm being a little radical, suggesting to my kids they can write academic chants, or do you think this can be an extremely fun project for my fourth graders this year? :)

3. Pattie

Pattie Companion

Sep 2, 2007

I had as one of my spelling activities to choose words from the spell list to make into a song and if the students used a familiar tune to it I would make an overhead of it and the whole class would sing it. It was hysterical sometimes. I remember one week we hand the "ank" chunk in spelling and the whole song was about spankings, and how thankful she was for her spankings. We all laughed, but it was so creative the song actually made sense and had some rhyme to it! :lol: I think you should totally do it! Your kids will surprise you with what they'll come up with! :whistle::yawn::2up:

4. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Sep 2, 2007

I already had two girls write a song at a sleepover. They seem like an incredibly creative group this year.