Elementary kids try to hurt teacher *shocking*

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by BioAngel, Apr 2, 2008.

1. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Apr 2, 2008

I woke up to find this on the news this morning: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g84E-NqKavdkNfL6nv-ixkYQFiSgD8VPBR8G2

I also heard on the tv news that the children were mentally challenged--- something that news article seems to leave out.

I'm am SHOCKED to see students this young thinking about killing their teacher. :eek: Especially when I'm going to be a brand new 5th grade teacher in September (what have I gotten myself into...).

3. liztheturtle

liztheturtle Rookie

Apr 2, 2008

No, the article mentions that the teacher's class was for learning disabilities including ADD, developmental delays and hyperactivity.

This is absolutely horrifying though! Those children need expelled, whether or not they intended to go through with it and whether or not they were serious or thought it was a joke. It sounds bad, but the school needs to make an example of them in the sense of showing the rest of the school that there is zero tolerance for that kind of stuff.

I bet that teacher is pretty shaken. I'd be.

4. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Apr 2, 2008

I just can't help but wonder where they came up with all the details. Covering the window? I wouldn't have thought of that.

5. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Apr 2, 2008

Especially for 3rd graders...:confused:

6. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Apr 2, 2008

That was pretty shocking! all of them in the group had a job, some were on clean up, others on covering the windows so no one could see! Yikes. Only 3rd grade! That sure it scary. Its hard to think that 3rd graders would be thinking up such elaborate plans! Yikes, and the teacher was surprised to learn about all of this. That poor woman! I would like to know exactly how that came about- just because she told a student to get off of the chair a student was standing on. Yikes, I told my 7th grade student the same thing yesterday! You turn around and the kid is up on the furniture (subbing at a new district). Its just scary to think about that- handcuffs and everything.

7. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Apr 2, 2008

I wonder if she'd taught cooperative learning skills???

This just makes me sick.:(

They should be expelled.

What kind of parents do they have?

And, who was the master planner??

8. Chevygirl97

Chevygirl97 Companion

Apr 2, 2008

Wow.

9. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Apr 3, 2008

10. kburen

kburen Cohort

Apr 3, 2008

Yikes....and I thought it was bad to find notes written about teachers with less than nice names (I do believe that they would be censored out if I even attempted to write them!) because a teacher made them stop talking in class. And to have a Kinder. student say he was gonna shoot the teacher, (which I know comes from the shows he watches...he's head over heels in love with Transformers).....however..........actually coming up with a plan like that...and carrying it out as far as they did (to actually BRING the things to school) that's scary!

11. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Apr 3, 2008

The article did state their disabilities learning disabilities, including attention deficit disorder, delayed development and hyperactivity,

12. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Apr 3, 2008

A kid in the class next to me brought a pocket knife to school two days ago. Then yesterday he told a girl, "Stop smiling at me or I'll kill you." Ughhhhh this is a six year old.

13. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 3, 2008

I read this & it scared me. Then I read about a 1st grader at a uncles home brought 2 loaded guns to school. The police don't think he had any intent, but thought they were toys!!! Scary thing is he had one in his backpack & one in his pocket!!!! :unsure:

This really makes me think more & more of homeschooling... it's just scary that it keeps getting younger & younger!!!!

14. historyteacher

historyteacher Companion

Apr 3, 2008

It is scary and sad as well. I've been monitoring a national message board similar to this one that covers all types of topics. This is a pretty hot topic there, and you would be amazed at the number of people who have commented there must be something wrong with the teacher to cause the children to do this. There's also a large amount of people bringing race into the issue and that's hasn't been brought up in the news reports at all, and as we all know it doesn't matter.

It's getting to where nothing surprises me anymore.