ELA Materials/Notebooks

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by km51571, Jul 9, 2013.

1. km51571

km51571 Companion

Jul 9, 2013

This is my 6th year in 5th grade and our children are very disorganized here. Every summer I wonder--is there a better way? So the big question is... HOW DO HAVE STUDENTS SETUP THEIR NOTEBOOKS/FOLDERS/BINDERS?

I used binders last year and I thought that was going to be awesome! It didn't work well--but maybe I did it wrong.

I teach Reading, Language, Spelling, & Social Studies.

Please let me into your word :eek:) what do you use/how do you use it?!?!!:help:

3. quixotic

quixotic Rookie

Jul 11, 2013

In the past I used binders, and I color-coded each section (i.e. all blue papers went into the Social Studies section, pink went into reading, etc.). That worked pretty well, but my current school doesn't provide us with colored copy paper.

This year I think I'm going to try using interactive student notebooks, although I'm still working out the kinks in my plan. :)

4. km51571

km51571 Companion

Jul 12, 2013

yes--i was looking at interactive notebooks too, but am still not sure how to setup/use

let me know if you find a fabulous idea/system

5. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2013

Maybe if you have separate notebooks and folders for each subject that you teach (maybe language and spelling could be the only ones combined.) Would that help with students understanding what goes where?