Egypt School project Ideas

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by blondierox4u, Nov 30, 2006.

1. blondierox4u

blondierox4u Rookie

Nov 30, 2006

I am a special education teacher who helps all my students with their homework, studying, projects etc and I have 2students that have a major egyptian project coming up. It took us long enough to do that research and then the rough draft, now we're working on the final copy of the paper. To go along with the project they have to create something to go with their topic. One student is doing sacred egyptian animals and the other egyptian children. They will get no help from home on this project and I need to get started, but I want some good easy inexpensive ideas for this. I thought for the animals, maybe like a clay dog, cat, snake or paper mache or model magic????? then for the children maybe a barbie doll and put egyptian fabric or something....or a game egyptian children played...let me know if you have any ideas I really would appreciate it!

3. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Nov 30, 2006

I'm not sure what you could do for the children. I would probably do something like what you suggested. What did they learn from their research? Anything about dress, games, schooling, etc? For the animals I think the clay figures of cats would be good. You could also have them make a figure of a sarcophogus for a cat since they were often mumified and buried. That should be pretty easy if you can find a picture to work from.

4. Alaskanteach

Alaskanteach Cohort

Nov 30, 2006

A lady in my hall used strips of fabric to mimic mummification. Not sure how she did it though.