Educational Platforms

Discussion in 'General Education' started by hbcaligirl1985, Jan 27, 2016.

1. hbcaligirl1985

hbcaligirl1985 Cohort

Jan 27, 2016

Greetings AtoZ teacher community. It's been awhile!

I'm still subbing, but I'm working on a few projects on the side, and need the valued opinions of my fellow educators. I can't say much because I signed an NDA, but I'd like to ask you this very important question:

If there was an online program for you to make some additional money on the side, but still be able to impact the learning of students, what would that be and why?

Hope you are all well!

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 27, 2016

I feel like I need more guidelines or parameters before I can answer the question. I'm not sure I understand it.

4. hbcaligirl1985

hbcaligirl1985 Cohort

Jan 27, 2016

What would an ideal online program be for teachers to make additional income while still being able to provide academic advancement for students?

For example, Let's say you have created your own practice SAT test for Math and you've found it has a high success rate of helping your student in passing the SAT portion of their Math exam. Would you upload it to a site for students or parents to access for a fee. Sort of like TpT, but for students and parents to pay for these additional resources should they choose to.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 27, 2016

I wouldn't be able to charge my parents or students for any resources I create to increase their academic achievement; it would be considered a conflict of interest.

6. hbcaligirl1985

hbcaligirl1985 Cohort

Jan 27, 2016

Thank you for your feedback, MrsC. Can I ask what the difference between my example and say...TpT is? Because even though a fellow educator is paying for a lesson plan that you may create, the academic achievement of students is still being reached.

And that is not to say it would be your students or parents paying for this hypothetical exam. Maybe a student in another state or country would find it useful. Do you still have the same feeling then?

7. Rox

Rox Cohort

Jan 27, 2016

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I'd like to be able to design a class, then post it online for people to buy and take. But I don't know how that would work if students need to receive credit for it?