Educational Leadership: Admin & Sup 0411 PRAXIS

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by gatorz, Jun 11, 2011.

1. gatorz

gatorz New Member

Jun 11, 2011

Does anyone know what changed about the 0410 test of 120 questions, which changed to a 0411 test (Educational Leadership Test) of 95 questions. I took it today, and it was tough! I'm anxious for the next couple weeks waiting to find out.

To have the same amount of time with less questions, they must be longer questions? Harder questions? ETS says the content was the same. The thread on Praxis II was helpful, with Teacher Groupie indicating that 2/3 to 3/4 correct is a good ballpark. Passing score is 151.

Did anyone else take this new test, and do you know how it compares to the one it just replaced? It moved to a 100-200 scale, from a previous 200-900 scale, I believe. ETS study guide and Cliff Notes study guide did not help and I'm not sure how to study again, if necessary.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 12, 2011

I think Praxis still gives out official score reports, though they're no longer printed on real paper and mailed. Official score reports usually give some indication of the domains (subject areas) the exam tested and how one did in each - though it remains the case that one passes the exam as a whole.

Sounds like this Praxis II was rescaled, and perhaps the questions are less about memorization and more about application. My inclination, were I facing this test, would be to pull out some phrases I don't know from the Tests at a Glance doc and look them up online - and then I might start fishing on Amazon for books that mention those topics too.

4. gatorz

gatorz New Member

Jun 12, 2011

It looked like application on the practice PRAXIS too...

Thanks for your reply, TeacherGroupie--and your ideas, which--upon getting the results, I will try.

However, I ordered the ETS e book (0410) for the previous test which changed in Sept 2010, which I paid for and printed, and the questions were "application" questions. Then, I ordered the ETS book again (same downloadable printable book--0411) that had most of the same questions, with maybe 15 different ones. The very company that makes the PRAXIS tests provided the practice books.

If anyone knows of any direction on studying for the new 0411 test (if I didn't pass), resources, or anyone who took the test and can share their feedback, it would be appreciated! Like all the other PRAXIS takers, I am worried about my score because they were much longer questions than the practice exams, which I scored anywhere from about 72% to 85%--On the exam Saturday, 6/11-- I started to hurry through them when I realized I hadn't finished half the questions by the half way mark. Sigh...... I figured this was better than ending up short about 10 or so questions.

Oh, and was I understanding correctly, TeacherGroupie---when you mentioned a calculation of 5/6 a point per question (or 83%) on a previous post? There were 95 questions and it was a 100-200 scale. I'm confused on how many I needed correct to get the minimum 151 that is required in my state? Clarification? Thanks!:)