Educationa Sofware Guidelines?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by old_School, Jun 14, 2011.

1. old_School

old_School Rookie

Jun 14, 2011

Just wondering, since Im breaking into the educational software and leaving the game design field. Our their any guidlines for educational software out there? Basicly is there a set guildline i should be folliwing? I see alot of software out there by companies that teachers use by these random companies and the entire school corp for a school uses their software. Is there something I need to know or I'm missing?

I mean I been making sfotware for a fairly long period of time. Just wondering though before I make this switch to educational software creation 100% there is not a law or guildline i need to be following.

3. Rox

Rox Cohort

Jun 14, 2011

A lot of curriculums are creating DVDs and other software to supplement the curriculum, but it's hard to use those because I don't have time to have all of my students complete the student work on two computers. Others are just useless because I don't see how my students can use them effectively. They are helpful for presentations and pictures though. I'd like to see more of them be able to be more interactive and able to be used with the smartboard. Other software is a hit or miss. Sometimes I find a great program to use, but it doesn't quite fit with what I'm teaching, or I find something that fits what I'm teaching, but it isn't user-friendly.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 14, 2011

One guideline is to make sure your information is current and that you have proofread the text contained within the software. Professional educators will not use products that are not well written.

Funny story...our PTO put notices in our mailboxes notifying parents of a fundraiser carwash. The word 'vacuum' was misspelled and many teachers were hesitant to send the notice home.

5. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jun 14, 2011

I would research universal design principles and accessibility guidelines.