Education in 20 years

Discussion in 'General Education' started by 1cubsfan, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Pashtun

Pashtun Fanatic

Aug 11, 2013

I believe that if you are motivating students, inspiring them to learn, engaging them in high level thinking activities, with depth and complexity, strong expectations, students can achieve regardless of testing format.

IMO, it is not the standardized test, it's the teachers perception and approach to the tests.

2. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Aug 11, 2013

Pashtun, teachers don't always have control over how they approach the tests. And there is such a thing as too much testing. How much data do we really need? It's gone over the top.

3. Pashtun

Pashtun Fanatic

Aug 11, 2013

I agree that there can be too much testing. California only has standardized testing 1 time per year.

I assume when you say teachers don't have control over how they teach, set classroom environment, expectations..etc you mean that the district is mandating how you teach each day.

I can't tell you how many teachers in my district subscribe to this line of thinking, yet the reality in our district is that its simply not true. Not saying its not true in some places, but I am saying it is greatly exaggerated in most.

4. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Aug 11, 2013

Right now the technology world trend is customization and personalization, I think education will swing that way too.