Edmodo

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Sharingideas, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Sharingideas

Sharingideas New Member

Oct 27, 2013

Hi there, is anyone using Edmodo as a classroom forum for students to discuss learning ideas or post completed tasks etc? How is it working?

3. Sharingideas

Sharingideas New Member

Oct 28, 2013

Have seen it work in an open classroom...

Just wondering if anyone else has seen Edmodo used effectively in the classroom? I recently did a Professional Development course and learnt all about it and have seen it work well in an open classroom with 6 classes so I was interested in any other stories people had to share. It is a social media website that looks similar to Facebook but it has a limited access to those that have a password. This makes it a safe online environment which is monitored by the class teacher. It allows students to discuss learning ideas online from home and post homework, learning tasks for others in the class to see. Love to hear any other stories of Edmodo in the classroom. :thanks:

4. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Oct 28, 2013

I love the idea of Edmodo, and use it... some. We don't have TIME for the kiddos to learn to use it effectively. I'm praying that what I have my students do will really benefit them later this year AND in years to come. Most of my kids don't type well enough to submit projects yet.