Edjoin

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mrs.Bran, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Mrs.Bran

Mrs.Bran Comrade

Mar 26, 2007

I am wondering how many of your districts use Edjoin? Do you go around it and hand deliever your packets? Is it actually how people find jobs? I have a very narrow job search and I am wondering what I should do. I went to a job fair today and met the superintendent of human resources, but I don't just want to wait around and hope that my name comes up on the online hiring pool.

I would love to hear everyone's opinions about this. I am really confused. It has been 13 years since I have done a job search and I need help!

Thanks y'all

3. usfmeghi

usfmeghi Companion

Mar 26, 2007

Many districts use edjoin, but many do not. I got my current job through ed-join, but I will be expanding this year as Im trying to get into elementary.

4. Mrs.Bran

Mrs.Bran Comrade

Mar 26, 2007

Which district do you work for? I used to be with Mt. Diablo.

5. usfmeghi

usfmeghi Companion

Mar 26, 2007

Morgan Hill.

I'm looking into Mt. Diablo. I love Morgan Hill, but I hardly see my family in Fremont as its just too far.

6. Mrs.Bran

Mrs.Bran Comrade

Mar 26, 2007

I had a great experience there. The great thing about MDUSD is that it is a large district and there are many opportunities. I would go back, but we moved to the Sacramento area in 2001.

7. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Mar 27, 2007

I got my job after the posting had been removed from EdJoin. I just sent my cover letter & resume to the HR super. and the principal. But I have gotten interviews from EdJoin. I usually sent an e-mail to the contact person immediately after I submit my application and I always got a reply. A few times the reply included an interview appointment!

8. Mrs.Bran

Mrs.Bran Comrade

Mar 27, 2007

THANKS......that sounds like a great strategy!

9. bdteach

bdteach Companion

Mar 28, 2007

Out of curiosity, what do you say when you send an email after submitting your packet? I applied to two today but both required me to snail mail the application packets...

Thanks.

10. Mrs.Bran

Mrs.Bran Comrade

Mar 28, 2007

I haven't actually applied for any positions yet. I have entered all of my information and some of my attachments, but they have not yet posted any K-6 jobs. I went ahead and hand delivered my packet to the Superintendent of Human Resources and 1 Principal in the district. I would probably send some sort of communication after I mailed my stuff, just to get my name out there. Hope that helps. BTW, where are you looking for a job? I am in the Sacramento area.
    =)
    Kelly

11. bdteach

bdteach Companion

Mar 28, 2007

My question was for Erin Elizabeth who'd said she always follows up with an email after submitting an application on EdJoin.

I'm looking in the Chico area, just north of you. Good luck!

12. jennabar

jennabar Rookie

Mar 29, 2007

I know a lot use but a lot don't. I try to contact the school once I see a posting and ask them if you prefer to have them sent on line or sent directly to them. Many say they prefer to get it manually because of the amount of time it takes to print out an edjoin application.

bdteach-I love the Chico area. Good luck to you!