Editing my avatar

Discussion in 'Third Grade' started by Happy Chatter, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Happy Chatter

Happy Chatter Rookie

Jul 28, 2008

Ok call me stupid but I cannot edit my avatar...I know its going to be something simple but for the life of me I cannot work out what. I keep returning to the problem...but with no luck ( and can I just say 2 glasses of white wine don't help...they just make you cry :crosseyed) and chocolate keeps you at the puter longer but well just makes the keyboard messy:lol: so how about one of you tech savvy people helping me out PLEASE ...and yes I know theres going to be a simple explanation but like I said at the top of the page I am stupid!!:blush:

3. BusyBeeMrsP

BusyBeeMrsP Rookie

Jul 28, 2008

I believe you have to be a member for a certain time period, with also a certain number of posts before you are allowed an avatar.

4. BusyBeeMrsP

BusyBeeMrsP Rookie

Jul 28, 2008

Correction: (this is from the FAQ page)

When you are a new member, your only option is to use an avatar provided by the forum. After you have been a member for at least 30 days AND have made at least 50 posts, you will have the option to upload your own custom avatar.

So you may use the atoz default avatars, which are located on your user CP (control panel) and then edit options I think. You've got a default one already, so I am assuming you would like a different one. For that, refer to the above paragraph.

I hope this helps! I feel like I just rambled!! :)

5. MsJen

MsJen Rookie

Jul 29, 2008

I was wondering the same thing. Thanx for clearing that up BusyBee!

6. BusyBeeMrsP

BusyBeeMrsP Rookie

Jul 29, 2008

Glad to help!

7. Happy Chatter

Happy Chatter Rookie

Aug 15, 2008

Thank you busy bee so I am a woman on a mission 50 posts here i come~~~~~~~>

8. just-n-educator

just-n-educator Companion

Aug 16, 2008

busy bee...I am wondering where do you get your own avatar from once you do have 50 or more posts???

9. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2008

You'll have access to a larger array of avatars here--they'll just show up on the screen where you choose your avatar.

If you want to upload your own, you just need to make/find a small one, save it to your computer, and upload it on the avatar preferences screen.