Edible gift to leave in teacher's room...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teacherella, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Teacherella

Teacherella Habitué

Nov 17, 2007

I'm almost done with student teaching (1 month left) and would like to leave an edible gift for the teachers/staff at the school. Any ideas of what I should do? I'm not the best cook, but I can always practice. I'm also on a budget so catering might not be an option.

Thanks.

3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Nov 17, 2007

Cookies, muffins, donuts, etc.

4. Teacherella

Teacherella Habitué

Nov 17, 2007

Each grade level does a Friday breakfast so I definitely wanted to try and do something a bit different than the basic cookies, muffins, donuts, etc. I was thinking of doing a poppy seed bread with glaze. I found it online and it supposedly is sweet enough to pass as cake.

5. janlee

janlee Devotee

Nov 17, 2007

fruit platter, quiche, and some type of quick bread (zucchini, banana, lemon poppy) would look nice set on an attractive tablecloth with matching plates and napkins. You could also provide one or two cartons of juice with cups.

6. Jarenko

Jarenko Companion

Nov 17, 2007

I would leave banana bread ( no nuts - be fair to all! ) or corn bread and a little tub of honey butter. It will make anyones day better and show you really appreciated their company.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 17, 2007

A big platter of hershey's kisses.

Everyone (almost) loves them; there will be enough for everyone to have a nibble or two, it doesn't feel like a HUGE cheat, and evryone gets the point that it's an expression of affection.

8. rogue0208

rogue0208 Companion

Nov 17, 2007

You can buy a few 1/2 lbs of cold cuts (3 different types and some cheeses shouldn't cost more than $15) and then some rolls ($5), put them on a platter and you've just supplied them with their lunch for the day. :)

9. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Nov 17, 2007

My student teaching stint is also drawing to a close. I have a foolproof secret recipe for fudge that is divine, and I am considering making a couple of pounds to at least divide up with the 3rd grade teachers with whom I am teaching.

10. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2007

peppermint bark is SUPER easy... just melt a bag of white choc chips or those white melt things you can get at the craft store (they are pretty cheap) and then mix in about 50 crushed up peppermints and flatten it out on wax paper and stick it in the fridge for a few minutes, then when it is hardened, break it all up. You can add chocolate chips or sprinkles on the top to make it pretty before it gets hard. Plus, its kind of festive if you are done teaching around the holidays

11. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2007

You can't go wrong with chocolate, at least not in my school. You can put several bags of Hershey's kisses and hugs around with a note under each one - a hug and a kiss, for all who I'll miss!

Kim

12. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Nov 18, 2007

How about pretzles covered in almond bark? Very easy to make, but they can take up an evening.