Edhelper.com ?

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by VillanovaPA, Sep 14, 2008.

1. VillanovaPA

VillanovaPA Rookie

Sep 14, 2008

I'm looking to join one of these online educational resources and it seems like Edhelper is one of the best...

What would be your recommendation if you had to pick an internet resource you use most often?

3. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Sep 14, 2008

I have belonged to edhelper for a couple of of years now and it's a great resource.

4. frogger

frogger Devotee

Sep 14, 2008

Anyone else used it? What are the benefits? I know that they have items on there to download but has it benefited the students??

5. Matt633

Matt633 Comrade

Sep 14, 2008

I like it a lot! I do not use it every week but whenever I need something fast I go to it and it always has something for me to fill in with.

6. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 14, 2008

Edhelper is good. One of the teachers on my team subscribes.

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 15, 2008

I use edhelper quite a bit. It's a terrific "one stop" resource to meet the diverse needs of my students.

8. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Sep 15, 2008

Readinga-z.com is another great one. It has levelized reading stories that you can print. Lesson plans, tests, and worksheets are included. I've subscribed to edhleper.com for years, it's grreat too.

9. matchstickgirl

matchstickgirl Companion

Sep 15, 2008

When I used edhelper I used it for a great supplement to reading strategies as well as grammar. They had a lot of good worksheets and extra practice for them to do. There was also a lot of good extra practice for math too. I would say for the price, it was worth it to have!

10. calalily18

calalily18 Rookie

Sep 16, 2008

scholastic printables is great, as is teacher vision. i personally used to subscribe to edhelper (and so did a few of my teammates), but we all sort of moved on from it...it can be helpful for quick things, but doesn't seem to have the "meat" other sites have.

11. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Sep 23, 2008

So, if I was going to join a site that was "meaty" what site would that be? I have joined Scholastic Printables, and have never really used it.

12. shirld

shirld Rookie

Oct 3, 2008

I use edhelper a lot... I've got heaps of things off there lately... resources on the human body, reading comprehension focusing on inference, what would you do scenarios... my whole unit at school will be using all of these this term.

13. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 3, 2008

I am absolutely biased: I did freelance work for edhelper for 6 months and the owner is one of the nicest, most professional people with whom I've ever dealt.

I love the fact that he's constantly improving his site. I love the fact that some of the things there are free. I love the fact that he wanted his stuff written by a teacher, not necesarily a "writer."

I think it's well worth the subscription money.

14. barbarakauffman

barbarakauffman New Member

Oct 4, 2008

abcteach

As a 5th grade teacher, I find abcteach to be incredibly useful. I started out using their free materials (of which there are several thousand) and then became a member to get access to the 20,000 or so total printables. It's by far the best educational site I've ever paid for, less expensive than some other sites but more consistent in terms of quality and the sheer amount of new materials added every week. Also neat is the ability to make your own custom worksheets on the site. As a new user, I just thought I'd add my 2 cents. This seems like a great site as well, and I look forward to using the forums :)

15. mrsdong

mrsdong Rookie

Oct 8, 2008

try quia