EdCamp

Discussion in 'General Education' started by KinderCowgirl, May 3, 2014.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

May 3, 2014

Have you guys heard of these? I just read about it and ended up attending one in our area. They are a kind of grassroots effort to make PD for teachers more meaningful. The teachers all show up and then chime in as to what they want to learn more about-no set agenda, no powerpoint presentations. It's more like discussion groups than a presenter and presentees, learning from each other.

It was so exciting to be around teachers who were so positive and passionate. They are being held in cities all over the country.

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

May 3, 2014

I missed the last one in my area but am determined to attend, possibly to even lead a session, next time.

4. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

May 3, 2014

They are very popular here! Ours are mostly focused on technology integration. Great concept though. Teachers lead them and show things or share ideas they are using in the classroom. I haven't been to one because I've been focusing on grad school.

5. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

May 4, 2014

Yes, love me some EdCamp! I've been to about 5 so far. Which one did you attend?

6. Reality Check

Reality Check Habitué

May 4, 2014

Ed Camp? He was the thirdbaseman for the St. Louis Cardinals in the 60s, wasn't he? :lol:

7. melnm

melnm Companion

May 5, 2014

I'd read a little about them awhile back. I just looked into them more today. There aren't any very close to me right now, but if there are in the future, I would like to attend one!