economy maybe turning??

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TamiJ, Mar 29, 2010.

1. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Mar 29, 2010

I just heard on CNN that economists are saying that March may see the beginning of some turn around in the economy. I am skeptical, and even the economists don't know anything for sure now, but just to hear something like that makes me a little hopeful, although I don't want to get too hopeful. I am just all too ready for things to change for the better...

Oh, they just said "The bleeding has stopped."

3. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Mar 29, 2010

It seems like the news makes that claim every month. :unsure:

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 29, 2010

I'll believe it when I see it!

5. hatima

hatima Devotee

Mar 29, 2010

I second smalltowngal and emmakate. I am tired of hearing that on the news then hearing all the bad news the next day from the same news agency.

Here NM is likely to lay off workers across the board, and our unemployment (from a report in January) will run out this summer or fall. As long as people are loosing jobs and income the economy isn't improving, it is getting more and more out of control.

I've seen so many reports that tell me the worst is yet to come. Schools closing, teacher layoffs, increased classroom sizes, businesses closing. One thing hits another. How can they say it is turning around?

6. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Mar 29, 2010

A lot of these people are completely out of touch, most have other agendas, and they mean something completely different by saying the economy is turning around that most might.

Pundits on the economy have a horrible track record -- and that's not just for this particular downturn.

7. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Mar 29, 2010

It's important to realize that... in all that has gone on since this recession began 'til now... is that nothing has been fixed.

Fundamentally, we are probably worse off now than we were two years ago because we now have that much more debt (i.e. bailout money) to carry.

I agree with 3Sons. Its all a matter of pushing agendas, etc. Don't believe it.

8. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Mar 30, 2010

I am just grateful to have a job through all of this..My little toosh is staying where it's at!

9. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Mar 30, 2010

My hairdresser was saying this morning that his clients are dropping like flies-everyone is losing their jobs and moving out of the area. And I really thought we were in a bit of a bubble in this county. Our summer program director was asking parents in the cubby area the other day if they planned on enrolling their children, and at least two moms said they had just been laid off. Again, our city was supposedly doing well.

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 30, 2010

Same here.