EC-6 Generalist

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by doxieteacher, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Tra67y

Tra67y New Member

Apr 16, 2014

PLEASE HELP

CAN YOU PLEASE SEEN ME THOSE STRATEGIES, I am taking the test on Monday and i am Stressing out. Tra67y@hotmail.com

2. cciieerraa21

cciieerraa21 New Member

Apr 24, 2014

Do you still have these strategies? If so I'm interested in them. hopefaithandlove4ever@gmail.com Thank you

3. mairak

mairak Rookie

Aug 12, 2014

I agree with you the test is so random and the practice tests are so different then the actual test. I'm so frustrated!!!!!

QUOTE=doxieteacher;1193018]Does anyone who passed this exam have any study tips? I just found out that I did not pass and am a little frustrated. I found the test to be so random so I am not sure how to study for my retake in June. I did terrible in the social studies and math and just ok in the other sections. I have the Rosado and Cliff Notes EC-4 books but am wondering if there is a better resource out there? Thanks![/QUOTE]

4. mairak

mairak Rookie

Aug 12, 2014

I bought the big yellow book. I don't see much use of it :(

QUOTE=steelerfever1;1759301]teacherfun2013,

I will just say that you must STUDY! Some people say that it is hard to study for but you should at least try... and I used a book called the The Big Yellow Book: The Ultimate Guide to Passing the TeXes Exam. Along with CertifyTeacher.com those 2 resources helped me a bunch! Hope this helps!!! :) GOOD LUCK[/QUOTE]

5. Iluvtweetybird

Iluvtweetybird New Member

Aug 16, 2014

Great strategies! Are these all the strategies or is there more?

6. texashistory

texashistory Rookie

Aug 18, 2014

I studied with the Rosado book and the T-Cert website and made exactly a 240 :lol: I prayed for a 240 or above and got just what I needed but it's still funny to me. On the dot.

I had about a week to study and only used those two resources and made a 240 so I know with more time I could have did better but 240 is the same as 300. I passed and got a job :D

Time and study study and really look at the questions. With so many being down to two go back and reread the question and then look at both answers and find the difference between them. That difference is in the question

7. maggi

maggi New Member

Jan 8, 2015

ec-6 191

I gave the test 2 times now so scared ela is killing me any online resource :mad::mad: really need help I am acp candidate so that makes it difficult .

8. makinsey

makinsey New Member

Jan 18, 2015

ec-6 generalist test

Hi I am makinsey and I would also love to have those strategies for the EC-6 generalist. My email is alisaturner1506@gmail.com

Thank You,
    Makinsey

9. famv5

famv5 Rookie

Jan 30, 2015

I am preparing to take the state exam, too. However, I'm not sure whether to take the Generalist EC-6 or the new Core Subjects.

Does anyone know if there is a difference? I know the Generalist (191) will be discontinued in August and that the Core Subjects is about twice as many questions in the same amount of time. I'm just not sure which to take.

I also looked over a few of the sample questions and there were many that I had no idea of the answer. Are there any books out there that explain the actually information you are learning, such as reading and language arts? These sample questions were talking about phonemes, etc., and I am not familiar with that.

I am just starting a teacher post-certification school so my background is in library and science. I have a feeling this test is going to be a bear for me versus someone that just came out of an educational degree program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

10. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 30, 2015

The general rule with teacher tests is that if you pass the older version in May, you don't need to take the newer one when it comes out in August. Either the TExES pages or the state DOE Web site should clarify this point.

Knowing what I know about teacher tests, library and information studies, and science, I'll venture that you're better equipped to do this than you think - though, yes, the reading-instruction content sandbags nearly everyone, because that's material that tends not to be taught much of anywhere except a teacher-ed program.

11. mairak

mairak Rookie

Feb 5, 2015

PLEASE PM me more strategies.

12. mel72

mel72 New Member

Apr 10, 2015

passing the TeXes exam study tips

Hi,
    Could you personally email me your study tips that you mentioned you could do? Thanks a bunch!

13. Ratuli

Ratuli New Member

May 27, 2015

Has anyone pass the generalist Ec-6th exam? I'm so frustrated :( I fail it again :(

14. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 27, 2015

Hugs, Ratuli. Your score report should give some idea where you're coming up short.

15. Truman08

Truman08 New Member

Jun 5, 2015

I am so frustrated. I've taken the exam twice. The first time, I was blind sided by the format and scored 238. The second time, I studied by butt off daily, did practice exams, used several resources and still ended up with 235. The second time around was MUCH HARDER than the first. I just don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

16. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 5, 2015

Hugs, Truman08. Does your score report point out subject areas in which you came up short? Are you generally a pretty good test taker?

17. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Jun 7, 2015

Hi, What study materials did you use?

I have my reatake in July and now that I read your post (and some others) Im scared that the exam in the retake is harder ...

18. Truman08

Truman08 New Member

Jun 7, 2015

Cliffnotes, t-cert, quizlet, Teacher Certification app on my phone, old STARR tests and Any place that had info available for me to read.

19. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Jun 9, 2015

Did you try Certify Teacher?

20. Josh1047

Josh1047 New Member

Jun 17, 2015

I know how u feel because I have taken the exams 8times myself and I haven't passed either. i don't know what to do anymore. i feel like i am block and do not know where to go. i hope you pass. all the best! we will make it don't give up!

21. Josh1047

Josh1047 New Member

Jun 17, 2015

i have taken it 8 times. haven't passed yet.

22. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Jun 28, 2015

Dont give up!

8 times Josh?

WOW!

23. am0912

am0912 New Member

Jul 10, 2015

If you are still offering this strategies I would love to have them emailed to me as well. I am desperate since I have failed this test now four times! :( Thank you!

24. am0912

am0912 New Member

Jul 10, 2015

Can you send them to me as well, if still available.

25. lish82TX

lish82TX New Member

Aug 3, 2015

I am in the same boat as you, first test I made 225, second 219, third 238 :(:(:(, fourth 224.....

26. 4815162342

4815162342 Companion

Aug 3, 2015

My acp gave me this link: https://pact.tarleton.edu/TCERT/index.cfm?CFID=491103&CFTOKEN=35498670
    I'm not sure if you need permission to register, but it is worth a shot to try. I used it for my esl and ppr exams and it helped A LOT! Print the handouts and read them, watch the vids, and do the practice test.
    Also, download the quizlet app and search for your texes exam of choice and study with it, the "matching game" worked wonders for me.

27. sugartwist

sugartwist Rookie

Aug 16, 2015

Thanks for that information. I just registered. I've taken the test several times as well and can't seem to pass. This time I'm going to use every resource available. I am generally not good with test taking. I must pass this and I pray that I pass it so that I'm a certified teacher for the 2016-2017 school year.

28. pommom

pommom Comrade

Aug 24, 2015

does the ec-6 generalist ask about a lot about the....

biomes (tropical forest, savannas, ect)?

Great plains, coastal plains ect?

cell divisions for science, parts to an animal and plant DNA?

Do I need to know all these specifically?
    let me know, asap if you can. I take the test in the morning.