Ec-4 Generalist

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by LC425, Jul 14, 2008.

1. LC425

LC425 New Member

Jul 14, 2008

I have taken the ec-4 generalist test 3 TIMES and have not passed. I got a job offer at a school, and want to make sure I will be able to take the job without havnig passed the test. I went through an alternative program online and they are just not that helpful. I am taking the test again wednesday on the computer and need all the advice I can get! Any tips....:help:

3. ready2teachintx

ready2teachintx Companion

Jul 15, 2008

I would change your study technique. Maybe invest in some of the study guides available at Barnes & Noble. Here in TX you can go on line to the state TEA website and print out a practice exam (with answers guide) and practice taking the test. My ACP school let us take practice tests on line for free. I would say practice, practice, practice and study up on all of the areas where you are having problems in. I know the test here was 40% ELA and I thought that this was my strong areas, yet I did the weakest in that area. Good Luck to you:)

4. SouperTeach

SouperTeach Companion

Jul 15, 2008

And if you are in Texas, remember to answer the questions as if you are in a perfect world. Throw out what you might have seen in schools and give textbook answers.

5. triplet1215

triplet1215 Rookie

Jul 21, 2008

I used that book EC-4 generalist for dummies! I passed on the first time! Good luck!

6. triplet1215

triplet1215 Rookie

Jul 21, 2008

I am sorry, it is not actually called for ec-4 generalist for dummies. I just went to look for it and it is the Cliffs Test Prep book. It just LOOKS like all the other dummies books...lol

7. NatashaBrown

NatashaBrown New Member

Dec 23, 2008

I am getting ready to take the EC-4 Generalist test and I was wondering if there are any actual math problems on the test?

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Dec 23, 2008

You might want to download the free doc on the TExES Web site that lays out the test framework and gives sample questions.

9. stbprekteacher

stbprekteacher Rookie

Feb 14, 2009

How did you do on the test?

10. louisiana

louisiana Rookie

Mar 3, 2009

go to this website www.texes.net There are some cards you can buy for about 82.00/ These cards really help/ I am certified in Texas and now I am trying to get certified in Louisiana. I took the test one tiem after buying these cards. No Gimmick..

11. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 3, 2009

There are math problems on the test because most of it is made up of content area questions. You do need to answer the questions as though you were in a perfect world because that is what they are looking for.

I'm curious. How could they offer you a job if you hadn't already passed? Was this a public school?

12. olamide

olamide New Member

Feb 4, 2010

EC-4 CBT Exam format

:)I am preparing to write EC-4 CBT (Computer Based test this month, can anyone please give me any website that can help me know how the exam look like, i have written the paper test before and failed, i need to pass this time.
    Thanks in advance for your response.:)