EC-4 content scores

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by sckenny, Nov 29, 2007.

1. sckenny

sckenny Rookie

Nov 29, 2007

Oh my gosh....I can not believe that I finally passed the examination...For all of you wondering about the scores you can pass the ec-4 content by getting 65 correct...I got 65 questions out of 100 not including the 10 ungraded and scored a 243...I took this exam a total of 6 times with each time getting a score of 237 or 235...

For all you out there do not give up...........no matter how many times you have to take the exam....

Good luck to everyone

sckenny

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 29, 2007

Congratulations, sckenny!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 29, 2007

Congrats, sckenny!!

5. excitedteacher

excitedteacher Rookie

Nov 30, 2007

Wow great job... we are taking it on Tuesday of this coming week and are very anxious. We are not sure we are studying the right material. Do we need to know specifics in science and social studies? Or just the competencies? Would you say the majority of the test is focused on language arts and reading? If you have any helpful tips or suggestions will you please let us know. Thank you..

6. sckenny

sckenny Rookie

Nov 30, 2007

Quick reply ec exam

The exam is based on most of the language arts and reading 40%...mostly any book that says it is for EC-4 content will be helpful in studing the correct material so you can not go wrong there. A good example of the types of questions that will be asked are the ones on the practice exam on the texes website. Yes you need to know the specific things in science and social studies but use your book that you are studing from to guide you on what is possible to be asked. Most important stay calm...!!!

7. sckenny

sckenny Rookie

Nov 30, 2007

Thank you teacher groupie...do you think it will be hard to get out of a teacher aide position that I am in presently to look for a teaching position for Dec. or should I wait until the start of the school year?

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 30, 2007

I would keep the aide position but apply to open jobs that you see posted. If you get an interview and hired, then tell your current school and quit the aide position. Don't leave a job until you have another one unless you can financially afford it.