EBAY–ENDING Fri-Sun & SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Discussion in 'eBay Listings' started by McKennaL, Dec 8, 2011.

1. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Dec 8, 2011

Hi, everyone!...McKennaL here

Well… my book shelf is starting to empty, but there are still others to pass on to eager readers!

Before I get to the book auctions that are ending over the next few days (the list is below), I wanted to make a …

~~SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT~~
    A wonderful, (brand new) book happened to be given to me yesterday. It is called:

THE SOLDIERS’ NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS

I could tell you about it – but better yet – here are a few reviews:

• * I was given this book as a gift for my daughter and we just LOVE it!! She calls it her "Papi" book. My husband is currently deployed for the second time to Iraq, and this time our 3 year old realizes he is gone, so with this book it gives her a different insight about what Christmas is for him and that Santa won’t forget him while he is there
    • *AWESOME book. My husband is currently serving in Iraq and it was a very difficult Christmas for all of us. We all loved the book. I read it to my 12 and 13 year old children on Christmas Eve before they went to bed and it helped bring us together
    • *It is a WONDERFUL book! My son really enjoys it even now with the holidays over. He points to all the soldiers and tells me which one he thinks daddy is
    What to DO with such a special book?? I want this one to get into the hands of a child or children of one of our deployed servicemen or women. But I want it to make even a greater difference if possible – and perhaps you can help.

Do you know a special child whose Mommy or Daddy is in the military, and – due to deployment – will be away this Christmas?? Let’s work together on this. I am offering free priority mail shipping so that the book will arrive before the end of next week. And in addition….

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THIS AUCTION WILL BE GIVEN TO THE U.S. MARINE’S TOYS FOR TOTS CAMPAIGN.

(super-side note: This auction is not listed as a DONATION listing on ebay. I have done some research into it and it seems that ebay uses a processing non-profit to transfer donations which keeps some for themselves. I have heard some questionable things from sellers about this. I prefer to give Toys for Tots 100% of the donation...so I will be giving them the donation directly. If anyone has questions-feel free to ask.)

Please consider helping with this one…or passing it on to those who can.

Here is a special link just to THAT auction:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/200686058876?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Now, to get back to the business of filling your book shelves! There is still plenty of time to order for holiday delivery, and..

pssssst…your students are aching for new books for that classroom library. I'm just delivering the message.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/thepeaceof2...mp;amp;amp;amp;_sop=12&_rdc=1

ENDING THIS WEEKEND!! Dec. 9-12

SPORTS BOOKS

Gymnastics Chapter or Figure Skating Books for Girls
    Matt Christopher Collection of Sports books for Boys
    Easy Reader Collections in Baseball and Football (Soccer and Basketball to come)

FROM TV or THE MOVIES

Dora the Explorer & Diego Collection
    Angelina Ballerina Collection
    Disney Princesses
    Pokemon
    Scooby-Doo!
    Arthur
    The Comic Book Super-Heros Collection
    STAR WARS – ALWAYS a HUGE hit!!!

HOBBIES AND INTERESTS

HOW TO DRAW – MANY collections & EXTREMELY popular!!
    Including: Deltora Quest Dragons, Video Game Characters, Comics, Animals….
    Horses and Ponies (The Saddle Club-Collection-RL5)
    Ballet
    Dolphins – Hook those reluctant GIRL readers!!!
    HORROR COLLECTIONS – Goosebumps and Fear Street

CLASSIC COLLECTIONS

The Chronicles of Narnia –All 7 Volumes
    FLAT STANLEY – 6 different adventures
    Choose Your Own Adventure – a rescued, but enjoyable set (more sets to come as well)
    AMERICAN GIRL LIBRARY Collections – a must for girls!!

WONDERFUL SINGLE BOOK AUCTIONS

STAR WARS 3-D Pop-Up (Come See!!)
    Curious George – the ULTIMATE collection of 7 Classic books in 1 Hardbound Volume
    I-SPY Christmas
    DK- Eyewitness Treasury of Animals and Nature (Hard Cover)

And one more copy of .... the strangely popular:
    Everyone Poops! (Yes, they do! Body Science? Informative Text? Gag gift? :whistle: )

(Oh .. I nearly forgot. My kids are selling two of their old gameboy games and my daughter's Invader Zim DVD and Stuffed Gir from the cult cartoon show.)

STILL TO COME!!

Captain Underpants Collection (The KING of RELUCTANT READER MAGNETS!!)
    The Secrets of Droon
    More Sports Collections For Boys (Chapter Books and Emerging Readers)
    Mercer Mayer – Little Critter Collection
    Give Yourself Goosebumps (a sort of Choose Your Own Adventure for Horror-Lovers!)
    “Meet” the American Girls Collection
    How to Draw
    And .. EVEN MORE!!

STOCKING UP or GETTING READY TO GIFT??

JUST GET THEM READING!!
    :celebrate: