Easter Wreath

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Grammy Teacher, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 11, 2007

I have a grapevine wreath in my classroom and would like the kids to decorate it for Easter. Any great ideas?

3. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Mar 11, 2007

Grammy I don't have any ideas but have you ever painted with light corn syrup? I have the kids cut out a huge easter egg from white construction paper and then they paint with the corn syrup. Add a few drops of food coloring and it makes pretty pastel colors. Let it dry overnight and the dry to a beautiful shiny finish. They actually still look wet when dried but they are dry to touch. They are just beautiful hanging up. We also did spring flowers like this.

4. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 11, 2007

Thanks Emma. Isn't it fun to think "spring?!"

5. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 11, 2007

I love it...............thanks for starting this thread grammy! I put some Easter things out this weekend......the weather was so nice, and it made me start to believe spring is just around the corner. Don't have any ideas for the wreath right now.......are you going to spray paint it white or a pastel color???? Emma........I LOVE that idea? Is it just corn syrup and food coloring and nothing else??? I'm going to do that!

6. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 11, 2007

Have you ever drawn on your windows with washable markers? The Crayola site has it as an art idea and I want to try it. My kids would have a ball coloring on the windows! I just want to be sure that it washes off!

7. treysmom

treysmom Comrade

Mar 12, 2007

Could they decorate plastic eggs for your wreath?