Easter Party

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by ksmomy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. ksmomy

ksmomy Companion

Apr 9, 2014

What types of snack do all of you request for your Easter/Spring parties if you have them? Do you do traditional things like cupcakes and chips?
    Or do you try to serve healthy things like veggies and fruit? I am at a new school and I only have 8 kids. I want to keep it very simple.

Thanks for your input!

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 9, 2014

Can you ask the parents what they would prefer? I'm not in a preschool but I would hate to request certain items if the parents do not want their kids eating it.

4. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 9, 2014

I've done several ways; requesting healthy snacks with my suggestions, putting up a general request for anything they want to bring, and asking them to not provide anything because we were making our own snacks. All of the above work, but the worst experiences are when I let them bring whatever they want to. We end up with enough junk food to last a life time! LOL!
    The easiest is to let them know we don't want anything. I have a little muffin maker in my room and we make our own muffins and I let them frost them. They love this!

5. ksmomy

ksmomy Companion

Apr 9, 2014

Thanks for your ideas. I decided to go the healthy route asking for mini muffins, veggies & dip, fruit salad, pretzels, cheese cubes and juice boxes. Many of them don't eat the cupcakes anyway. They only lick the frosting off.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 10, 2014

That sounds like a great party! I would choose cheese and veggies over cupcakes any day. I might stop by your party LOL!!

7. brightstart123

brightstart123 Rookie

Apr 17, 2014

I think the healthy route is good as no parent will complaint about things their kids are eating at schools. I think kids like fruits and muffins and this should be sufficient as they will eat it properly and don't create a mess with their dresses. Usually the smaller ones create a mess with their dress while eating.

8. teachpk

teachpk Rookie

Apr 18, 2014

I used to put out a sign up sheet. And...if I know we will need more than one of a certain item, I would list it more than once. Example below:

Vegee Platter ________

Fruit Platter ________

Mini Muffins ________

Cheese and Crackers __________

Cheese and Crackers __________

Juice Boxes (pack of 12) ________

Juice Boxes (pack of 12) ________

Mini Bagels ___________

Napkins, Plates, Cups ___________
    etc...

Hope this helps

PS: It also helps me when I want to thank the parents for what they donated :thumb: