easter crafts

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by @preschool, Mar 13, 2010.

1. @preschool

@preschool Rookie

Mar 13, 2010

I was needing some ideas or links to some easter crafts..
    what is a craft you do with your kids every year for easter?
    thank you

3. RedVac

RedVac Rookie

Mar 13, 2010

We do a really simple craft at our center. We print crosses on cardstock. The kids water color and then I laminate. They turn out beautiful.

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Mar 13, 2010

If you use markers on the crosses, then spray them with water, it looks beautiful.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Mar 15, 2010

I'm in public, so I stick to eggs, bunnies, etc... one of my favorites is to do "Stained glass"... give them colored tissue paper squares to stick onto an outline (egg, etc). I sandwich them between 2 pieces on contact paper (sticky side up underneath the outline, then put the 2nd piece on top after they're finished).

We do these for different themes... leaves in the fall, raindrops with shades of blue in the spring, hearts at Valentine's Day... I like doing teh egg ones because they always look pretty hanging in teh window.

6. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Mar 15, 2010

We also do the "stained" but with liquid starch and wax paper. I can never get the contact paper open easily enough to do a whole class.

We also have the children tear the tissue paper which really makes each one unique.

7. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Mar 23, 2010

this year I'm doing egg puzzles. I will give each child a giant egg with black lines drawn randomly on it for them to cut on after they color it. They need to color the egg however they want, then cut it on the lines and then put it back together on a piece of colored paper. I'm also doing ressurection buns with them. You basically wrap a pilsbury croissant around a marshamallow and bake--when it's done they open it up and the marshamallow is gone and there is a cavity--represtns the tomb being empty. One easy and really pretty thing I do every year is tye died eggs. both paper and hard boiled. I do it with shaving cream and food coloring. You put a pile of shaving cream on a plate and then put a few drops of different colors of food coloring in it, then have them use a spoon handle and "cut" through it to spread the colors==not stir=== then they roll the egg through it til the egg is covered and then take paper towels to wipe all the shaving cream off and voila-- tye died egg. with the paper eggs, they lay the egg on top of the shaving cream and then pull it across the pile adn then wipe it of with the paper towels.

8. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Mar 23, 2010

We're going to do glossy paper eggs later in the week... you can see the thread about it, but it's going to be karo syrup and food ocloring.... doesn't take much since it spreads a lot and is super sticky. I'll mix up a couple of colors and give each kid a chance to choose a couple of them.

9. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Mar 23, 2010

I was on Artsonia.com/museum looking for Easter ideas and saw a quick and easy idea. Bunnies hiding in the grass. The kids color or paint green grass over their paper, then glue pom poms (bunny tails) for a collage.

10. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Mar 23, 2010

liquid starch and wax paper I am not familiar with. I know the wax paper and crayon and iron, and I know the liquid starch and paint putty.......

do tell please? liquid starch and wax paper sounds lovely, how does this work and what does it do?

11. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2010

I'd forgotten all about that site!!! nice!

12. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Mar 23, 2010

Each child gets a square of waxed paper (I like 12 x 12). They tear tissue paper into random shapes rather than use teacher-cut squares. Then the children use a foam brush to wipe liquid starch on the waxed paper, add tissue paper, and go over it all again with liquid starch. You can then add a paper frame and let dry, or let dry and then add a paper frame. I usually trim the edges later. The liquid starch is ready to use so I don't have to thin glue. Plus, I pour remaining starch back into the container for another day. Hope this helps.

13. msaly

msaly Comrade

14. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 12, 2014

We did shaving cream eggs..turned out cute.....