Easter Candy

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by silverspoon65, Apr 20, 2011.

1. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2011

I haven't eaten one piece yet. I am proud of myself. I picked up some orange cadbury eggs about a month ago but then I put them back. I also denied a homemade PB egg someone made. I figured if i started that early I wouldn't stop until Easter. But now it is almost here and I still haven't picked anything up.

I am sure I will have something on easter, and I am going to make PB eggs and try making buttercream eggs tomorrow, so I will probably have some then, but I think that is pretty good since it has been out since Christmas.

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 20, 2011

I can't help it! I usually get a couple 4-packs of the original Cadbury Creme Eggs (spelled creme on purpose). They certainly are smaller than in yrs' past!

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 20, 2011

I have noticed they are smaller too! Those are my favorite. My husband bought 2 for me a few weeks ago but that's the only candy i've had since Valentine's day. I usually get some Reese's eggs for him so maybe I will get one for myself too. Other than that, I usually don't go nuts over the holiday candy.

5. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2011

I could deal with a PB egg (homemade, not reese's blech), a marshmallow bunny (the cheap kind), a few jelly bellies, and an orange cadbury egg. That would be enough for me.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 20, 2011

I want to try a chocolate covered raspberry Peep. I saw them at the store last night. I don't know if they are new but they look good.

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 20, 2011

I miss the Cadbury chocolate creme eggs...

Easter candy's on the surface layer in my household because no one's young enough for an egg hunt... but we used to do two hunts: I'd hide candy eggs for the kids, and then they'd hide candy eggs for me. Advantages: one never, ever has to worry about explaining the Easter Bunny, kids figure out that hiding eggs is at least as much fun as finding 'em, and the time spent finding eggs is generally not time spent eating 'em.

8. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Apr 20, 2011

I'm hoping for a basket this year. I've asked dh every year and have yet to get one. I like the taste that the candy gets when it's all mixed together. Just like Halloween-when all the candy is in your pillowcase and it starts to pick up on the other chocolate tastes.... the best!

9. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2011

I'm indulging right now--my favorites are the candy-coated Hershey eggs. My BFF is visiting this week, helping me clean and organize, and this is our treat when we take a break.

10. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 20, 2011

That's a best friend and a half, Mrs. K.!

11. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Apr 20, 2011

I was doing so good on not eating a lot of candy lately. I just got back from the store, I picked up two of those small hallow easter bunnies. I'm not the biggest fan of chocolate. I do, however, love peeps! But I've been pretty good at staying away since they put all the candy up this year.

12. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Apr 20, 2011

I ate a few mini Twix that someone brought to my house...then I gave the bag to my brother just to get it out of the house! And a few mini Snickers...that bag promptly left my house too!

13. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 20, 2011

I haven't eaten any Easter candy yet... does left over candy from other holidays count?!?!

Easter bunny brings everyone a basket here!!! The Easter bunny stops at a lot of houses of people we know!!!

14. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Apr 20, 2011

I love the malted robins eggs!

15. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Apr 20, 2011

These, and Peeps, are my favorite. I might have to get some tonight. I have been so good but I figure today for lunch I had a hot dog, chips, and a rice Krispie treat so might as well continue the bad eating:)

16. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Apr 20, 2011

Dove truffle eggs are my fave

17. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Apr 20, 2011

Kat53, Robin's eggs (the candy coated malt balls) are the world's most perfect food. :)

I'm also a huge fan of Starburst Jellybeans, but nothing can beat the joys of a hollow chocolate bunny. And it has to be hollow. Solid bunnies are just too much.

18. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 20, 2011

DID YOU HAVE TO remind me that I had those Cadbury eggs under my bed?!!!! That's going to torture me all day.

I've never had nor seen a homemade PB egg. I'll have to look that up!

19. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 20, 2011

I sampled just a few jelly beans at our local confectioner when I went in to buy my sons' bunnies...the shop is awesome...it's featured on Martha Stewart's Easter special...they hand pour all their bunnies...antique molds...so beautiful and yummy...;)

20. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 20, 2011

Why do you think dh won't get you one?

21. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Apr 20, 2011

:cool:The orange Cadbury eggs are so hard to find! But it's ok, I'll eat the regular ones. I reminded DH that I really enjoy a solid chocolate bunny - but then we decided to go on a diet plan.

22. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 20, 2011

I"ve never tried the orange ones.

23. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2011

Mmm the orange are delicious.

I am on WW too - I asked my mom for a fruit basket. THen I will just pick the couple things I want out of everyone else's baskets while no one is looking.

24. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2011

Oh my gosh, you don't know what you are missing. They are big around here at the Farmer's Market and a lot of churches and groups sell them this time of year for fundraisers.

I think this is closest to my recipe. http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1722,144186-233195,00.html I am going to try buttercream and maybe coconut this year, too.

25. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

26. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Apr 20, 2011

I think I have enough Cadbury Creme Eggs to physically thicken my blood. I fairly certain I'm good for the year :lol:

I also love the Recees Peanut Butter eggs and Milky Way bunnies. Both must be frozen.

27. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Apr 20, 2011

No, no, no candy. I am on WW and must lose.

28. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2011

me too. that's why I know I can't start early. lol

29. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Apr 20, 2011

My middle son is diabetic. I can't have candy in the house. I have to sneak it while I'm at work. That's part of the reason why I've already had my quota of Easter candy already.

30. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Apr 21, 2011

Walgreens had every variety of Cadbury eggs. (personally, not my favs, but I buy for others:)) Starburst has a bag of only red jellybeans (Starburst) at Target. Yum....love the reds!

31. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Apr 21, 2011

I shouldn't been reading this thread. I gave up all sweets, such as candies, cupcakes, donuts, cakes, ice cream, etc. It has been TOUGH! Yesterday, a student took me a coconut bunny cupcake, oh it look DEVINE! I'm at my second job and someone brought in a pastel de 3 leches, but I have kept it. I was raised to give up something during lent, even though now many say we shouldn't. HOwever, I am willing to do this as a sacrifice for God, but unfortanetly I won't do it willingly as well as I have up to now. I am glad I did it, but easter candy is my favorite. I love the pastel colored eggs that have like a sweet marshomallowy inside. YUM!

32. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Apr 21, 2011

I'm not big on candy so all the Easter candy I've bought for my kid's eggs remains intact. I have however eaten plenty of the random baked goodies my kids and I made over break or that I had brought home from work (whoopie pies, brownies, rice crispie treats, turtle cookies, and Swedish chocolate balls). I was good today though and only ate one rice crispie treat. Oh wait, had a chocolate ball too.

33. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Apr 21, 2011

I haven't had any, but I'm sure I'll have a Heavenly Hash and a Gold Brick Egg before the holidays. Though, I overdid it at lunch today, and probably gained back several pounds I had lost...

34. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Apr 21, 2011

I love the starburst jellybeans.

I haven't had a solid bunny since I was in 7th grade… when I bit into the ear and broke my braces! When I did have them, it always took me two-three months to get through it.