DYI & summer projects

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teachling, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 10, 2013

DIY & summer projects

So we've been doing some home improvements and its feeling like a new place. Here are some pics of some of the projects we've done.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The skylights still need the drywall and painting around the opening. My dh never seizes to amaze me!

So any projects you've competed? Lets see pictures!

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 10, 2013

Nice job!

I didn't do any home-improvement projects this summer. Last summer was my year for home-improvement. It was the first major renovations since I moved in back in July of 2000. I had my drainage system replaced and my yard graded. Added a two-car parking pad in the back yard. Converted part of the large screened porch into a carport. Added a door from the carport to the new, smaller porch. Replaced the toilet and light fixture in the bathroom. Replaced the office light fixture. Replaced the range hood and sink in the kitchen. Removed some overgrown trees. Put new curtains in den and guest rooms. Added shelving to pantry, bathroom closet, and hall closet, and office closet.

I was in the middle of a divorce last summer, so I channeled my nervous energy into home projects. I did a good chunk of the stuff myself.

This summer I took a break!

I did take this picture this summer. It's my house from July 2000 (top) vs. July 2013 (bottom). I hired the roofing and guttering done. The rest was DIY.

[​IMG]

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2013

Very nice!

5. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 12, 2013

IMA, great curb appeal!!

I spent Sunday afternoon, moving things around the living and dining area. My entertainment center has been moved to the dining area so that it will be utilized as my 'china cabinet' now. It sounds weird but in actuality the style of it makes to where it can serve that purpose. I was able to fit in all my bowls, wine glasses, dishes and such from 3 different furniture pieces into one. I love how it looks in the dining area! I'm feeling like I am in a new places. I also discovered today by accident that I can reposition the dinning table in a way I hadn't before and it doesn't interfere with traffic flow. With the way things have been shuffle it allows for better flow and makes the living room appear bigger.