Dunkin Donuts

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by newbie87, Feb 26, 2010.

1. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Feb 27, 2010

DD used to be good. What they sell down here now is something
    different and pathetic

2. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 28, 2010

Bad things can happen anywhere.

Dunkin Donuts are franchises- that could explain why there is a disparity between the good experiences some here have and the bad. Like any business, it's about customer service, quality product, value...

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Feb 28, 2010

I do remember them being good when I was a kid. Now it just seems different here too.

4. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Feb 28, 2010

I am not a Starbuck's fan. Overpriced and I don't understand the hoopla over their coffee. I like DD coffee-it is strong, but I like it. I prefer to make my coffee at home, or believe it or not, I like McDonald's coffee.
    As for donuts, I go to local bakeries or donut shops that aren't necessarily chain outfits. I find their products so much fresher. I remember when DD used to be good, and we don't have a Krispy Kreme where I live.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Feb 28, 2010

I used to work at a grocery store and they had the best donuts. they made them that morning they were literally twice the size of DD's donuts. The grocery store that I go to now has average sized donuts but they are still better than DD especially the Jelly.

6. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Feb 28, 2010

No DD around here. I didn't have a Krispy Kreme until I was in college, either. We always got our donuts from our local grocery store.

Our closest Starbucks is 20-30 min. away (the local one closed two years ago). When I do buy coffee, I also like McDonald's...

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 28, 2010

I very rarely eat donuts anyway, but if I do, it's usually at Krispy Kreme. I love thir original glazed ones the best. They're always warm, soft & melt in your mouth! :)

8. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Feb 28, 2010

I'm wondering if part of the difference is because the Dunkin headquarters is in MA, so the franchises in New England (or the northeast in general) tend to be better than those elsewhere.

We also swear by Dunkin around here, so a "bad" store wouldn't last long. I can drive to 3 different Dunkin Donuts from my house in less than 5 minutes, so if one of them sucks, I've got 2 others to choose from!

9. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Feb 28, 2010

Hey I'm in New England and the donuts suck

10. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Feb 28, 2010

Well, maybe I'm wrong then. Maybe it's just a MA thing. :) I rarely get donuts, but people always bring them to different events and I've never heard anyone say that don't like donuts from Dunkin.

It's the only coffee I drink though (other than an occasional frapuccino from Starbucks in the summer).

11. newbie87

newbie87 Comrade

Feb 28, 2010

I've noticed that with franchises in general. If it's not the original or if it's out of state, it usually tastes bad. I also think if you're the HQ you're gonna wanna do your best and impress people. I don't think anyone wants to say I ate the orignial whatever and it was horrible. Just like once my boyfriend wanted to eat at a certain chain that's not in our state and we had to drive to another state to get it. Everyone raves about their food, but I tried it and thought it was disguisting.