Dumb questions about weight loss

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Bella2010, Nov 9, 2014.

1. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jan 2, 2015

You can do it kpa1b2!! I lost 30 pounds last Jan-May, and I've kept it off. I've heard that 30 pounds seems to be the "magic" number for keeping weight loss off long term. My goal was 1-2 pounds lost per week, but I had many weeks where I stalled. I hit about a month long stall after 18 pounds, but then I got a fitbit, and that motivated me to get the extra steps in! I do a 30 minute exercise video 6 days a week as soon as I get up---that way I don't lose my motivation as the day goes on.

2. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Jan 2, 2015

Great plan!

3. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jan 2, 2015

30 lbs in 4 months is amazing!!!

I'm hoping to lose 40 lbs in 6 months...you've given me hope that it's possible.

I'm in my late 20s and I already feel like my metabolism has slowed way down...I definitely can't eat like I did in my early 20s. I started noticing a major difference around age 25. It seems like some people my age can still eat whatever they want and it doesn't make a difference. It's frustrating.

4. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Jan 2, 2015

I'm 27 and I started noticing a difference around 25 also. That really scares me because then I wonder what it will be like when I'm 40 or 50! I used to be able to lose 10 pounds easily in about a month simply by exercising and eating a cleaner diet. I started losing weight last spring and it took about 7 weeks for the first 10 pounds to come off, even though I was starting heavier than I'd ever been. Now that I've lost a good chunk if I'm doing everything right, I will lose about .5-1 pound per week. If I have a couple of days of bad eating, it will take several weeks to make up for it. It took me about 6 1/2 months to lose 30 pounds, but at least I did it! I think some people just have great metabolisms no matter what their age- I've always been so jealous of those people! My dad eats several thousand calories a day and weighs 150 pounds- why couldn't I inherit that metabolism? One of my teammates looks like about a size two and eats donuts with regular coke every morning and more for lunch than I eat in an entire day, and she doesn't work out at all. I try to remind myself that I'm probably healthier than her since I eat healthy and workout, even though she is thin!

5. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jan 2, 2015

I'm 28, and boy can I relate to this!!! My sister in law is super thin and eats crap all the time. She's 35! I'm like...HUH?! But yes, my mom keeps reminding me that thin does not always equal healthy. Oy...:dizzy:

6. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jan 2, 2015

As soon as I hit my mid-20s, things changed. In my late teens and early-20s, I could eat fast food 3x/day and not gain an ounce.

Nowadays, I've gotta work out daily to maintain my weight.