Dumb Question - Butcher Paper

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by A_Pre-K_Teacher, Sep 18, 2008.

1. A_Pre-K_Teacher

A_Pre-K_Teacher Rookie

Sep 18, 2008

Where can I buy it at and how much does it usually cost? Can you believe I have never bought it before? :eek:hmy:

3. WannaTeach

WannaTeach Companion

Sep 18, 2008

If you are referring to the white paper that is shiny smooth on one side, you can usually find it in any paper product aisle at the grocery store, Walmart etc. Look for the aluminum foil and plastic wrap. Ask a clerk at the store if they have any. I remember being able to buy a couple different sizes. Hope this helps. Sometimes if you need brown paper you might be able to find a thinner version in the shipping/packing tape section of the store and sometimes in the gift wrap. Good luck!

4. time2teach

time2teach Companion

Sep 19, 2008

5. MamaDawn

MamaDawn New Member

Sep 19, 2008

For most things where you need to use butcher paper you can get paper for free at your local newspaper. They will give you the ends which actually has a lot of paper on it.

6. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2008

Back in the early 1980s, our day care used to provide this. It was wonderful! haven't thought much of it since then to be honest with you.
    I usually let the kids doodle on the leftover long pieces of scrap bulletin board paper and they are amused!