Dry Cleaners

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 29, 2009

How much is the avg dry cleaners in your area?

I try not to have to go that much. I could not go for mos, but then, that's if I'm not wearing 25-35% of my wardrobe. The cleaners around here can be from $3.50 - $4.75 a piece, which I refuse to pay! My usual one closed up & they were $1.75/pc & did a good enough job! :mad: Fortunately, after calling around, I found a place that's $1.85, so it looks like that will be my new regular place.

The times I do go, I can easily put in 20-30 pcs @ a time.

3. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Nov 29, 2009

I rarely, if ever, get things dry-cleaned. I have maybe one suit I wear for extremely special occasions, but all of my clothes can be washed at home.

4. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Nov 29, 2009

I use Dryel for many things! I try to buy washable!1.85 is not bad. I think small things are around $5 here-very little competition!!

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 29, 2009

I've never used dry cleaners- too weary of the chemicals. When I buy clothes I always look to see if it has to be dry cleaned. If so, I pass.

I did accidentally buy a skirt that needed to be dry cleaned (the lining on the inside was a weird material that required dry cleaning). I did some researched online and found that if you hand wash in cold water, it'll be find. So, that's what I did and it turned out fine. Since then, I've owned a couple more dry cleaned only clothes and just hand wash them in cold water. Never had a problem! :) I hate hand washing though, so I just pass now on any dry clean only clothes.

6. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Nov 29, 2009

I've never been.

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 29, 2009

A whole lot of things that say "dry clean only" can actually be washed. I wash lots of things. I use Dryel on some of the other things.

I just paid $12.50 to have my full-length wool coat cleaned.

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 29, 2009

I don't know the actual breakdown, since we normally drop off 3 or more suits at a time.

My guess would be an average of about $3.50 per piece.

I would imagine it's a lot cheaper for shirts, but I do them myself.

9. irx7fani

irx7fani Rookie

Nov 30, 2009

I dry clean a lot of my clothes because they need to, and because I don't want them to look old. My cashmere, silk, and wool stuff obviously needs to be dry clean. However, I also dry clean my skirts, polo shirts, and jeans because I dont want them to fade. I paid a lot of money to have jeans to have a certain wash, and look; but if you wash them in the washer, the wash color will fade. Since I go a lot, I usually get discounts on my stuff so that helps. Probably $30 a month dry cleaning stuff.