Drowing in lesson plans?

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by MsMar, Sep 16, 2007.

1. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Sep 16, 2007

Anyone else feel like they're drowning in lesson plans??!! I'm going into my 3rd week of student teaching and am taking over most of the teaching. My University requires that I have a full written lesson plan for every lesson I teach. I haven't taken over the phonics yet and I haven't gotten my "kid writing" group yet, but other than that I'm doing the whole day. I love that I'm taking over so much, it's just so much work at home to write out the formal lesson plan on each activity. So in a nutshell I'm loving doing what I do in the classroom and not loving the massive time I'm spending writing out all the lessons! I have two elementary school aged children so I'm trying to not have too much work to do during the week as they really need me then, and by the time they go to bed I'm pretty pooped myself. That means this weekend I've written I think 11 lesson plans and I've got more to do still.

I will say however that I do find having the formal lesson plan written very helpful. My lessons go very smoothly because of all my prep work.

So, how's it going for others with the lesson plans? For those of you who are a bit further into your teaching due to an earlier school year start date, are you finding it quicker to write them as you do more?

3. Teacher2Be2007

Teacher2Be2007 Companion

Sep 16, 2007

Nope, still takes me FOREVER to write them. Plus I have a ton of grading to do at the end of the week! It's absolutely insane!

4. Pixiewannabe

Pixiewannabe Comrade

Sep 16, 2007

When I student taught one of the things I did was make a few general lesson plans for things that I did every day such as read aloud or morning meeting but it just took a lot of time Good Luck!