Dreams...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by JustMe, Jul 9, 2013.

1. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 9, 2013

I know we've discussed dreams before, but I seriously think the one I had late this morning made my mouth hurt...I must have been moving my mouth a lot while I dreamt it! I had one loose tooth, which upset me. I decided to go to the dentist because I'd need to get an implant once it fell out or was removed since it was a front tooth. I get in the shower to get ready for the dentist. And that's when all my teeth starting coming out. I've had this sort of dream literally dozens and dozens of times, but this time as each tooth came out, it was attached to a long bone that I had to twist a little to get to come fully out. Because all of these long verticle bones were coming out, my jaw kind if melted and I couldn't talk. I was trying to tell my husband, who was in bed, to take me to the ER, that something was terribly wrong, but I couldn't form the words. I was bawling my eyes out and holding up my boney, bloody teeth and he just rolled over and went back go bed mumbling something about not being able to understand me. Crazy. And I know exactly why I had this dream...

Earlier in the night I dreamt I got notice from the family resource woman at school that the abusive family I started fostering my dog for years ago (that didn't happen, to be clear) and hadn't heard from since finally contacted her demanding that I bring the dog back to Tennessee where she lived in October. Turns out she was within her righd to demand this. Pretty horrible. But my husband and I were going to buy and freeze a dead dog who looked like ours and tell the abusive family their animal died (we felt they migh ask for proof)...and then we'd live with him happily ever after. A little creepy.

Yesterday I had a less emotional one, thankfully! My sister and I went to Staples for a ream of paper, but they had stopped selling paper. I end up absentmindely stealing a single grape Laffy Taffy from the counter while talking to the manager...and by the time we get to the next store our pictures are plastered on the walls as thieves, including pictures of both our dogs. :lol:

Got any interesting ones from recently? They just fascinate me! I love how I can usually pinpoint exactly why something was in my dream.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 9, 2013

I had one recently that felt like I was awake, lying in bed, looking in the direction of the master bathroom door, when I blinked and there was someone standing/leaning over me. There was something wrong with the person, although I can't explain what. Scared me half to death. I basically flew back up against my hoosband in an attempt to get away from the person standing over me. It was so disconcerting because it honestly, truly felt like I was just lying awake in bed when it happened. Everything looked and felt the same as it does when I lie awake in bed.

:(

This one is going to stick with me for a while, I think.

4. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 9, 2013

Those do get to you... I hate the ones that linger.

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 9, 2013

Oh, and I've had the teeth-falling-out dream a lot. For me, it's usually when I'm feeling particularly anxious about something.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 9, 2013

I dreamt last night my College called me to tell me I hadn't really graduated (30 years ago!) and I needed to come back and take an economics test.:dizzy:

7. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jul 9, 2013

For me, teeth dreams are the absolute worst!

I had horrible teeth as a kid! I got braces in 6th grade and wore them for nearly five years!

They're nice and straight now, but I have a recurring nightmare where all my teeth fall out and I have to get dentures. Then, I hear my mom in the back of my head saying, "We paid all that money for you to have nice teeth and you let them all fall out???"

8. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 9, 2013

:eek:

I had one a while back where I was in my last semester of college on one of the last days of school. I remembered that there was this math class I was supposed to be going to, but I hadn't gone all semester. I RAN to class and tried to fake my way through it, but I quickly realize that I was screwed. So I left and went to a coffee shop where I got a hot chocolate and felt guilty for skipping school.

:lol:

9. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 9, 2013

:lol:

That would be a nightmare!

10. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 9, 2013

I had a dream lastnight that it was August 19th and time for school to start. I had accidentally missed the meeting I was supposed to have with the parents on the first day (on the first day my grade meets with the parents, not the kids, and explains important information). I couldn´t believe that it was already time for a new school year. Come to think of it, I was a bit annoyed!

11. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 9, 2013

I have incredibly vivid dreams, but I always know I'm dreaming. I can even replay certain parts.

12. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 9, 2013

Once in a while I will be aware of the fact that I am dreaming but those times are few and far between. Luckily in scary dreams I tend to awake at very scary moments, or realize that I am dreaming.

13. BumbleB

BumbleB Habitué

Jul 9, 2013

Many people have the "teeth falling out" dream. Mine always end like yours, with crying and trying to collect my teeth lol.

14. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 9, 2013

I haven't had the tooth one in a while. Every time I think oh no it's really happening this time!

I had a scary one last night but I don't remember all the details. I know I was hiding from someone who broke into my house. My dog ran away in the dream, I've been having that one a lot recently to- not sure what that means.

15. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 9, 2013

I woke up thinking about supply and demand curves and marginal propensity to consume.:D:rolleyes:

16. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jul 9, 2013

I had a seriously weird one during my afternoon nap yesterday. I'll cut and paste from where I described it elsewhere....

I'm riding along with the bf in his semi. We're heading towards what I want to say is the Chesapeake Bay (from the feeling in the dream, I have no idea why I think that's what the location was). Before we get to the bay we get to this bridge that starts off on a cliff (which makes no sense based on the "location"). Instead of going straight across, the road takes a sudden and impossibly steep downgrade until it is right over the water. The boyfriend handles the truck beautifully and gets it to the straight portion of the road and begins driving over it. The road buckles a little bit and the cab starts filling with water. I have an in-dream blackout, and "come to" sitting in some sort of bay side restaurant. The boyfriend is there, along with my father, tending to my needs and making sure I am okay. My in-dream self doesn't understand why I'm not in a hospital, but everything seems okay, so I prepare to leave. As I'm preparing to leave, I have a brief moment of confusion as to whether I should go with my father or the boyfriend. I wind up leaving with the boyfriend, in his now perfectly clean, dry truck.

17. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

Jul 9, 2013

According to dreamdictionary.com:

"To dream that you have rotten or decaying teeth implies that you may have said something that you shouldn't have. You may have uttered some false or foul words and those words are coming back to haunt you.

To dream that your teeth is sparkling or gleaming signifies happiness and fulfilled wishes.

To dream that you are brushing your teeth refers to your level of confidence, your struggles and your aggressiveness. You need to look out for yourself and your own interest. Perhaps, you feel that your position is shaky.

To dream that your teeth have fallen out and you try to refit them back into the mouth signifies a lack of self-confidence and embarrassment. You are afraid that others will know of your short-comings. If you acted calmly in your dream, then it may point to how can make the best out of any situation. You are able to rise above unfavorable circumstances."

18. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 9, 2013

I've certainly read many things explaining teeth dreams, though I think mostly it's because I have major dental fears and phobias. As to why my husband ignored me, I know the real life connection. Jerk. ;)

19. thirdgradebuzz

thirdgradebuzz Comrade

Jul 9, 2013

The scariest dream I've ever had are of drowning. Only happened a few times in my life, and always when life has been extremely stressful for some reason or another. I usually wake up from these flailing/waving my arms trying to "swim."