Dreams? Nightmares??

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by kcjo13, Jul 15, 2014.

1. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 15, 2014

I had one of those dreams the other night, that was so real and so frightening that I woke up in tears.

I dreamed that, on a whim, I quit my job and signed a contract to teach 3rd grade. I showed up on the first day, and the kids were absolutely horrible. I cried, they cried, and I spent the day trying to figure out how to get my old job back. It was so real and vivid-my husband thought I lost my mind!

I should say-3rd grade is not a nightmare, in fact it was one of my favorite grades-just not at this time in my life!

What are you dreaming about?

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2014

I'm still on vacation time so I will dream that I'm still on vacation and that I've missed the coach. There have been a few times since coming back Sat that I have woken up and absolutely had no idea where I was.

4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 15, 2014

I've had weird dreams all summer. I think it is because I'm so off my regular sleep schedule.

I've dreamed about my dad a lot. He died in 2009. They've all been current times, and Mom said she had dreamed about him recently, too. I've not had any school dreams yet, which is odd since I have set my room up already. Had a few nightmares involving being trapped. I'm claustrophobic, so nightmares often involve that.

Last night I dreamed about my BF. His mom died suddenly yesterday, and I had him on my mind all day.

5. nyteacher29

nyteacher29 Comrade

Jul 15, 2014

I;ve had those before! they seem so real it takes me a few moments to realize its not

6. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2014

I've had some strange dreams lately, although nothing as scary as teaching third grade! :eek: :haha:

Several of my dreams lately have featured people from my past. In one of the more vivid dreams, a former best friend (who hurt me more than anyone has ever hurt me in my whole life) and I sort of made-up and agreed to be friends again. I haven't thought about this person in years, so I don't know where the dream came from. I've also had several dreams about a past crush. In those dreams, the general feeling is one of frustration and anticipation, like I really want something good to happen but my crush keeps stalling.

7. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 15, 2014

I quite often don't remember my dreams, but this weekend I fell asleep with the tv on and the church service that came on in the middle of the night apparently melded into my subconscious. We were in a church but it was kids from school and others that I work with. The scary part was there was a shooter there and I was trying to hide the kids around the room, I myself climbed into a cabinet and the music teacher was sitting there and would not stop talking! I was like be quiet, they're going to hear us. I woke myself up, but that was a scary one for me. And then I always have to wonder what it means. :confused:

Caesar-I wonder if that person was thinking of you too.

8. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 15, 2014

Dreams are so freaky to me. I hate that de ja vu feeling when you KNOW you've been there before...I've actually kept a dream journal before to try to document that, but it never seems to be something I keep up with!

9. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Jul 16, 2014

I had a nightmare a few days ago that my friend and I were visiting her new boyfriend's apartment. He was extremely muscular like a body builder and his cousin was there too. Both guys acted a little ''funny'' when friend introduced me, but I didn't think much of it.

Then my friend went to another room and took a nap so I walked into the kitchen for a drink. Her boyfriend grabbed me and threw me against the wall. He started shaking me and screaming in my face that I thought I was too good for his cousin. I kept trying to get away but he was too strong and would keep grabbing me and throwing me back against the wall. He also hit me in the ribs repeatedly. I could feel the pain in my dream.

Finally he let me go and said I better not tell anyone b/c they wouldn't believe me and he was a cop, so if I told he'd show me some real pain until I couldn't walk and then make up something to have me arrested.

I ran to another room and locked myself in. I was terrified wanted to wake my friend but I was convinced she wouldn't believe me. Plus even if she did, what if the police didn't believe me b/c they were friends w/her boyfriend?

Then I reminded myself that staying silent would hurt worse than my pain and that my friend was a good one who knows I wouldn't make up being abused. So I snuck into her room, woke her up and told her what happened. She believed me right away and I felt relieved. Then I woke up.

10. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 16, 2014

Sending prayers your way.

I've been having dreams lately about an old boyfriend.

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 16, 2014

I know they say we all dream, but it's whether we remember them or not when we wake up. I don't general remember (good or bad). Every once in a while, I'll wake up & know that I must have been dreaming something. As of now, I don't remember what the last dream was that I had. But, whether a new school year is about to start has no influence on my dreams personally.

12. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Jul 16, 2014

I have had the same "anxiety dream" about school for years now. I'm teaching and the kids literally won't listen to a thing I say. I mean, they won't even acknowledge that I'm there really. They'll be throwing things at each other, making all kinds of noise, etc. I'll be trying to give them consequences, and they just completely ignore me. Without fail, in the middle of this dream in walks my principal to do an unannounced observation. It usually just drags on forever to, with me trying everything I can think of and the kids just ignoring me. Also, one or two kids that are nearly perfect (and this will change in my year to reflect current students) behavior wise will be acting the worst of all, and then I get doubly upset! Once, I even dreamed the fire drill bell went off and I couldn't even get my kids to line up and leave the classroom. Then the next day IRL we had a fire drill! I have to admit I breathed a little sigh of relief when my kids lined up right away!

I also frequently dream that I'm a high school or college student and I either don't know where my classes are, or I don't even know what classes I'm supposed to be in. Lately at some point in this dream, I will start to reason with myself that it makes sense that I don't know where my classes are, because I haven't taken classes in a long time.

13. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jul 16, 2014

I always dream about work. Unfortunately, they're usually nightmares!