Dream Class: How to transform any group of students into the class you always wanted

Discussion in 'General Education' started by StudentTeach, Apr 24, 2011.

1. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Apr 24, 2011

Has anyone read this book? I subscribe to the articles the author e-mails weekly from his website: www.smartclassroommanagement.com
    but have not actually read the book. Is it worth purchasing?

3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician Groupie

Apr 24, 2011

4. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Apr 24, 2011

dam, it's on Kindle too (about 40% less too!). Funny, I got a recommendation on my amazon about a class management book (The Cornerstone, http://amzn.com/B003NUQPT4), and I found another one (The Superior Educator, A Calm and Assertive Approach to Classroom Management and Large Group Motivation, http://amzn.com/B002BH54KG), both for a lot less!

I hope I don't buy them all.

5. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Apr 24, 2011

The Cornerstone is amazing! I bought it and I love it. I look through it all the time- definitely one that you always revisit and look over again and again. When I need inspiration it really is my go to book. I keep it at home because I reference it so much, but I do find myself at school wishing I had it there, too. The Cornerstone is so worth it.
    I did not know the smartclassroommanagement had a book- I have read some of his articles before though and they sound pretty good. I enjoy reading them.

6. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Apr 24, 2011

I use chloroform!

7. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Apr 24, 2011

Do you find The Cornerstone useful for secondary educators as well or is it written more for elementary use?

8. porque_pig

porque_pig Comrade

Apr 24, 2011

Now I'm torn! All three have fantastic reviews on Amazon.

9. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Apr 24, 2011

SwOcean Girl sold me on Cornerstone. Plus, it's the cheapest (just $4 on kindle)! Judging by the reviews StudentTeach, it seems directed at the elementary classroom.

10. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Apr 24, 2011

I established all of my classroom management plan on Michael Linsin's website; smartclassroommanagement.com and swear by it. He makes great sense. His methods work. I refer back to his website often, especially when something isn't going right in my room. Once I read a few of his articles related to the problems I am having, the issues get turned around.

According to Michael, it is all about the plan. Stick to your plan and the rest will take care of itself. He is right, it works every time.

I did buy his book, Dream Class but didn't get it until after school started. I haven't read it yet but plan to this summer.

His plan totally works for me and I have had very few behavior problems in my class this year. I can't imagine getting through the year without this website. And that is FREE!

11. queenie

queenie Groupie

Apr 25, 2011

Thanks- a lot of it looks great!