DRDP

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by ahodge79, Apr 21, 2013.

1. ahodge79

ahodge79 Companion

Apr 21, 2013

What Ideas Do You Have For Organizing Drdp Notes? I Recently Started In Pk And Survived My First Assessment With This Tool. I Am Given No Spare Time To Go Through Notes So I Am Looking For Efficient Systems.
    Thank you!

3. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2013

Personally, I think it takes a lot of time to gather evidence, organize portfolios, etc. so you really need prep time to do it.

A couple of things that have helped me are to have a clipboard handy. You can either have a page per child on the board, or page per standard with the kids names on it, or a bunch of labels that you can make notes on and transfer to wherever you need it.

It is hard to start this late in the year, but if you had started earlier, you could plan activities to meet those standards and use their work as evidence, or observe them and check-off or take notes on how they did.

Good luck!

4. ahodge79

ahodge79 Companion

Apr 28, 2013

ThankYou. I Have AlreadyDoneIt ForThis Year And Am Thinking About How To OrganiE It For Next Time. I Was Thinking About Using Big Labels To Take Notes On And ThenStick Them Into Student Portfolios.

Anyone Have More Ideas?

Btw, I AmTypingThusInMyPhoneAndDon'tKnowWhy It Is Capitalizing Everything!

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 1, 2013

Most of my teachers used the clipboard, but used the sticky notes. Each child had a page in his file divided into four sections. You just put the sticky note on the appropriate section.