Dramatic play "menu"

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Beverly, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Beverly

Beverly Comrade

Aug 31, 2008

Hi there!

I'm looking for a menu pattern to use in our dramatic play area. I think there was a good one in The Mailbox a year or two ago, but so far I haven't found anything like what I wanted by searching online. If anyone can link me to or upload a good pattern, I would really appreciate it! (I can't believe I didn't make myself a copy the first time around).

3. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Aug 31, 2008

I am sure there is a copy out there somewhere, and I am sure someone will link you to it. However, I just wanted to share that we have really loved the menus we have made ourselves. We chose the name, cuisine, and layout ourselves and designed them in class. This led to a whole emergent mini topic on newspapers (what is the editors job? Who designs the layout? and so on). So if you aren't satisfied with what you find (even after all the help) try it, I am sure your group will love the interaction with their enviornment.

4. Taliesin

Taliesin Rookie

Aug 31, 2008

I don't have a template but I made some myself for my class. I just cut out pictures of food from magazines, glued it on a large piece of construction paper, labeled each item, then added a price. I also put each picture into a section- breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert.

5. preschholtech

preschholtech Rookie

Sep 28, 2008

ooo i love this idea. I work as a 3 year old preschool teacher adn am looking for new ways to add tot he centers! This is a great idea

6. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

Sep 30, 2008

An easy way a previous teacher did it was to glue food pictures onto a manila folder. The grocery ads in the newspaper are a good source of food pictures. Make a cover saying "Menu" or the name of the restaurant and the food pictures and food words go on the inside.

7. tgi1515

tgi1515 Comrade

Sep 30, 2008

I saw a cute "grocery list" in the Oct/Nov 2008 Mailbox issue this time, but haven't seen a menu. I plan on using it later in the year when I get our our cash register to go shopping....

8. forkids

forkids Cohort

Oct 4, 2008

Sometimes a restaurant will give you a menu for your classroom if you tell them what it's for. Some don't have many pictures, but some do.