Dr. Seuss/Cat in the Hat

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by cogteach, Mar 1, 2005.

1. cogteach

cogteach Rookie

Mar 1, 2005

Some time ago, while searching another topic, I came across a "recipe" for a Cat in the Hat hat, made from marshmallows and fruit by the foot. I didn't copy it down and now I can't remember where I found it. Does anyone know? Thanks

3. susansly1

susansly1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2005

Cat in the hat edible hat

I don't know the recipe for marshmellows and fruit roll up but.....tomorrow my 3rd grade class will be showing the Kindergarten how to make a Cat in the Hat out of nilla cookies and gummy lifesavers. I have them use popsicle sticks and canned icing to connect the lifesavers and then put them on the cookie. I prefer 5 different colors of the gummy savers but you could also use the hard lifesavers. The kids love it. Hope this helps.

4. 2nd grader

2nd grader Rookie

Mar 1, 2005

You guys make me so jealous with all that food. Our state has disallowed any candy except 3 times a year for parties. I really miss all that sweet stuff. Our hats will be made out of red and white construction paper. How boring compared to you guys

5. gigi

gigi Groupie

Mar 2, 2005

HI
    www.teachingwithheart just posted the winners of the Dr.Seuss contest, and they show a cat in the hat treat made with a donut hole. Cute!

6. mccwen

mccwen Comrade

Mar 2, 2005

Gigi- Your link doesn't work. Is that website a .com, .net, .edu, ?

7. gigi

gigi Groupie

Mar 2, 2005

8. gigi

gigi Groupie

Mar 2, 2005

9. mccwen

mccwen Comrade

Mar 4, 2005

Thanks for the links! I made the Cat in the Hat with the mini donuts and Livesavers candies and the kids LOVED them. They had a feast of green eggs, ham, and the Cat's. It was very cute!

[​IMG]

10. sandimreyes

sandimreyes Comrade

Mar 4, 2005

That is the cutest thing I've seen in a LONG time. It'll be a week late, but I think I just HAVE to do that treat next week. Thanks for sharing!

11. gigi

gigi Groupie

Mar 5, 2005

You are welcome! Glad to be of help............

12. cogteach

cogteach Rookie

Mar 5, 2005

Thanks

I'm late in my thanks, but it was a hit! Much better than the marshmallow hat. It was one treat that all the kids ate every part! Thanks again!

13. gigi

gigi Groupie

Mar 6, 2005

I am also spinning off "Read Across America", by doing a month long "Read Around the Room." I ran off minature hats for each student with a note to parents that each time the children read, or are read to, that the name of the book be written on one of the stripes of the hat. When they return the hat we will put it on the wall. Our goal is to "Read Around the Room" by the end of March.