Dr. Seuss activities for preschool

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by zoey'smom, Feb 19, 2011.

1. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Feb 19, 2011

I teach both Kindergarten and Preschool. Sometimes I have the same theme and have a hard time deciding what kind of activities to do with each, especially when it comes to the Preschool class.

This March I want to do Dr. Seuss books. What Dr. Seuss books do you use and what are some activities do you do? I was thinking of doing green eggs an ham and of course we would have green eggs for snack. Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.

3. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Feb 19, 2011

I read Go, Dog. Go! which the children LOVED. Then the children made car tracks with race cars and paint. They cut random shapes out of fun foam (bright colors, easy to cut), then glued them together to make race cars to glue on their road. We also made dog portraits with black Sharpies and crayons that really came out wonderful.

4. mrgrinch09

mrgrinch09 Comrade

5. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Feb 19, 2011

I am still very jelous of your Dr. Seuss Cookbook Mrgrinch!

Our Dr. Seuss lesson goes on and on for days....lots of rhyming, books, goo, feathers, eggs and fun. All of these ideas plus the ones the children come up with......I love this lesson.

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 19, 2011

We made cat in the hat hats... Meijer handed out a lot of stuff including stickers, so we used those to decrate.

7. nyprekteacher85

nyprekteacher85 Rookie

Feb 20, 2011

We are reading the little known "bartholomew and the oobleck" and making oobleck to play with. We are also going to make cat in the hat hats. And I am making a game for them to count the stripes on various hats, a large bean bag toss game for them to toss bean bags into the cats hat, and a listening activity to identify the sounds on a CD of sound effects. We will do this one after we read Mr. Brown Can Moo.

That week is also Dental Health week for us, so we are incorporating the tooth book, and some tooth related activities! Good Luck!:thumb:
    Cat