Dr. Jean

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by classemom, Aug 14, 2007.

1. classemom

classemom Rookie

Aug 14, 2007

I love Dr. Jean...but since this is my first year teaching...just wondered....are Dr. Jean CD's something I can use at Calendar time in First Grade....or would the kids think it was too "babyish"...I know alot of Kinder and Pre-k teachers use these....what do you think or do?

Thanks.:)

3. knittingbec

knittingbec Comrade

Aug 15, 2007

I just bought a Dr. Jean CD to use with my 1st graders this year (mainly to use the get unpacked & settled song & get packed up and ready to leave song). I'm hoping my 1sts won't think it's too babyish. I think they won't think so at the beginning of the year and later in the year maybe we can transition into something else?
    My next-door-teacher last year used a Dr. Jean CD with her multi-age 1st/2nd grade class each day and they loved it!

4. dizzybri14

dizzybri14 Companion

Aug 15, 2007

I used a Dr.Jean CD in my 2nd gr. classroom last year. I had to pick and choose which songs to use with them, but they LOVED it! It was something different and they would ASK me to use the CD (they would sing and dance along with it too!) :)

5. timetoteach

timetoteach Rookie

Aug 15, 2007

I teach First and my kids love Dr. Jean. I like all of the educational songs about verbs, phonics, and money. I need to get another cd this year because I heard the one from last year a lot!

6. Eliza

Eliza Companion

Aug 15, 2007

I LOVE Dr. Jean and use her songs alot! I moved from Kinder last year and was also worried about it being too babyish but my first grade kids loved her songs as much as my kinder kids.

7. starbucks

starbucks Comrade

Aug 15, 2007

I had never heard of Dr. Jean until I started reading these boards. I am thinking of purchasing one of her CD's to try. They all sound good, but, is there one that you would recommend I start with. I teach kindergarten not first grade, Thanks

8. Eliza

Eliza Companion

Aug 15, 2007

I love Sing to Learn and Kiss your Brain. Sorry I couldn't pick just one ;) All of her CD's are great but these two have lots of great phonics songs that I used in Kinder (Tooty Ta, Alphardy, Who let the letters out, etc) You can go to her website and see the words to the songs for Sing to Learn. www.drjean.org

9. knittingbec

knittingbec Comrade

Aug 16, 2007

The one I have is "All Day Long"...great songs for transitions and special classroom events ranging from linign up/dismissal to a song about using scissors and songs celebrating loose teeth & birthdays.

10. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Aug 16, 2007

I have "All Day Long" and "Keep On Singing and Dancing". I like them both. My kinder kids loved them so I am hoping my first graders will as well!

11. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 18, 2007

If you are not sure about which cd to buy, check out the little song store she has set up. You can purchase individual songs. I bought Kiss Your Brain, but I only wanted a few from All Day Long. I borrowed another Dr. Jean CD from a fellow teacher and played Tooty Ta. My kids got hooked to the song!