Doubting myself

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MassNerder, Jul 17, 2009.

1. MassNerder

MassNerder Rookie

Jul 17, 2009

After snagging the few interviews I have and not landing any jobs I'm really starting to doubt myself and my potential as a teacher. I feel I used to have all this confidence and now I have nothing left. It's starting to ruin my self esteem. I can get interviews here and there but I just bomb them. Maybe I'm just a bad interview but what can you do about that. I practice and try to keep up to date with the latest trends but it's no use. I get too nervous. Now it's to the point where interviewers ask, "Why haven't you found a job yet?" Maybe if no one has seen my ability as a teacher yet, there really is nothing there.

3. darlibby

darlibby Companion

Jul 17, 2009

Looking for a job is sometimes downright degrading. Something will come along, just try private, charter, and pubic.

4. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Jul 17, 2009

I know what you are talking about. I have worked for 14 years and have very little experience interviewing. It has been so long since I interviewed, it has changed so much! You want to say I have more experience working than interviewing, so just hire me already!

5. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 17, 2009

The fact that you are getting interviews is a huge plus. Don't worry the right fit - the right school will come along and you will both know it and both feel it. You will understand WHY you had to wait to prove yourself. Feel confident in your ability.:)

6. Jobsearching101

Jobsearching101 Companion

Jul 17, 2009

The worst thing we can do is dive into depression. You're getting interviews and that's a great sign. ASk the principals that have interviewed you how you can improve.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2009

I felt that way plenty of times the past two years when I've been searching. I'm still not confident in my abilities so I'll be interested to see how that goes over this year.