Double Interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by themilocat, Aug 26, 2011.

1. themilocat

themilocat Rookie

Aug 26, 2011

I just got home from a double interview! It was with 2 principals who both have a 5th grade opening, and the 5th grade teacher who is moving. I've interviewed a couple times before, but this one was, by far, the best. It was with a district that has been through a lot in the last few months, but has come out stronger than ever, and it was the district I went to from kindergarten through graduation. Their school started on the 17th, so I'll be going in about 2 weeks late.

It was short, but I feel like I answered all of the questions fully and provided lots of examples. I corrected the mistakes I made at previous interviews, like saying (unintentionally) negative things about my student teaching school and not using examples from my student teaching and junior internship.

When I was leaving, I saw a friend from college who was waiting to go in-- good thing there are 2 openings, because she's really great, too!

One new question I was asked was, "If I call all of your references, what would they say?" I think I made myself look pretty good with what I thought my references would say about me.

Keep those fingers crossed-- I think this was the best interview experience I've had yet!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 26, 2011

Good luck! We use the double interview a lot when we are looking for multiple teachers at the same grade level or a teacher has more than one certification that we are currently hiring for.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 26, 2011

Good luck!!

5. elateacher4life

elateacher4life Cohort

Aug 26, 2011

Best wishes.

6. themilocat

themilocat Rookie

Aug 30, 2011

Thanks everyone! I was offered the job where the teacher's moving! Now, I'm just waiting on all of the paperwork to go through the admin building and then I'll have to go meet with the asst superintendent who recommended me for the job to get my contract!

7. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 30, 2011

Congratulations!

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 30, 2011

Congrats!!!