Donors Choose.org Project Expiring

Discussion in 'General Education' started by novaguy1968, Mar 13, 2014.

1. novaguy1968

novaguy1968 MS English Educator

Mar 13, 2014

Hi, everyone:
    I have a project on DonorsChoose.org that will expire in 11 days. If you have worked with this site before, you know that when a project has not been funded, the donated money is returned to the donors. I'm a little over $300 to go with 11 days to fund my project. If anyone can give a little bit to help out that would be great, and I would very much appreciate it.

Here is the email link to my public page:
    http://www.donorschoose.org/duane.fitgzhugh

If you are not familiar with donorschoose.org, it is a site on which you set up a project that needs crowdfunding--projects can include a variety of things you need to help teach and to add to your classroom. It's a great way to raise funds for needed things.

3. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 13, 2014

Have you linked your project to social media? I always had fantastic luck when I posted it on Facebook. Also, don't be shy in asking people directly. And, ask people to ask their employers if they do any matching for charitable donations. My sister works for Oracle, and they match anything she donates-Oracle and my sister funded several of my projects by themselves!

4. novaguy1968

novaguy1968 MS English Educator

Mar 17, 2014

Hi, kcjo13:
    Indeed I have. I posted on facebook pretty much every week, and every day over the past week. Thanks for the idea about the matching charitable donations. It's not something I even thought about!
    Duane

5. kc_in_va

kc_in_va Rookie

Mar 18, 2014

I saw that you got your funding - congratulations!!! :) :) :) Yay!!!