Dollar Tree

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by becky, Feb 16, 2006.

1. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jun 27, 2006

Bath and Body Works?? I am so excited! Those are my two favorites!! I am going to have to go shopping!

2. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jun 27, 2006

My husband has paypal... that would be so great. I appreciate the help.

3. iharding

iharding Companion

Jun 28, 2006

Jane what area in Indiana did you find this dollar tree with bath and body works stuff!! I would love to find it also.

4. becky

becky Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2006

Someone mentioned ordering a quantity of candles from Dollar General. I get CVS to order quantities of things for me when they're on sale.

When their t.p. is on sale I order a case- 86 rolls, I think. The 1,000 sheet stuff. With the sale and Extra Bucks it's only 27.00!

I get my grocery store to order me a case of coffee when it's 4.99 a can, too. I also order a case of those Charmin moist wipes. I use those for many things.

It never hurts to ask and I've been known to ask if there's a customer loyalty discount as well.

5. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2006

I didn't think there was a Dollar Tree near me but I went on their website and put in my zip code and found one just 6 miles away. Guess where I am going this afternoon!?!? I let you know what deals I found.

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jun 28, 2006

Wow, Becky! Great idea. I never thought of that. It would really help for all those things I hate to buy frequently. Thanks.

7. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2006

I am dissappointed. I went to the Dollar Tree by my house and they had no teacher supplies at all. Just some off brand crayons and glue!

8. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jul 6, 2006

Ask them to stock in other colors. My store by me has red, purple and orange. If they think people will buy it they may just order it.

9. TeacingnTN

TeacingnTN Rookie

Jul 8, 2006

I have been checking the different Dollar Tree stores in my area to keep an eye out for the new back to school items. Today I went to one that I had never been to before. A worker (turns out it was the manager) was putting out a display of supplies and I asked if they carried the Teaching Tree items. To make a long story short, (I know, too late!) She ended up going into the back and bringing out two large floor displays. I got a TON of stuff!!! BB borders, die cuts, sentence strips, post cards and more!! So keep an eye out at your local dollar tree!!

10. kathy2215

kathy2215 Companion

Jul 8, 2006

Thanks, they also carry certificates, paints, and other items if you wait until abiout the begining of August they tend t get more in. i got an alphabet adn mubber strip there last year for a dollara piece

11. kathy2215

kathy2215 Companion

Jul 8, 2006

There is also a 1-800 number that you can by large qualties at from dollar tree and sometines you can buy things three that are not in the stores

12. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Jul 9, 2006

I found B&BW stuff at the Bloomington store, west side.

13. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Jul 16, 2006

Well, I finally got to a Dollar Tree, quite by accident, and boy was I disappointed...you got me all excited about the things I could possibly get, and they had none:(. Oh, well, time to try the one I intended to try...except I still haven't figured out how on public transportation!

14. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Jul 16, 2006

each store is a little different. We have three stores in town. One has a lot more teacher stuff--it is right next to the place where one district's teachers do summer training. Maybe check out another Dollar Tree if there is another one close by.

15. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Jul 16, 2006

That's my problem...there are none close by! I was visiting in another city (around 2 hours by bus, I don't drive) and chanced upon one! The closest one to me is around 45 minutes away by car with no traffic, but so far, it seems to get there without a car, I'll need to take at least 2 trains, a ferry and at least one bus!!

16. AZKinderTchr

AZKinderTchr Comrade

Jul 26, 2006

Just wanted to thank you all for the Dollar Tree tip. There is one down the street from my new home. I went in today and sure enough I was able to get posters, printer paper with cute designs for my welcome back letter, a few rubber stamps, and other various items. The teacher aisle was small but at $1 each you can't beat it. For what I paid 9.45 I am sure it would have been $40 at a teaching store. What a find. The lady said they get a truck in every Friday so guess where I'll be after work on Fridays :)

17. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jul 26, 2006

I found a lot of cute things here the other day. I love the posters and the punch out letters. They also had nice borders, note paper, computer paper and bulletin board cut outs. I love this store!!

18. JWar417

JWar417 Rookie

Jul 31, 2006

I live in Central Jersey, too and they do have a teaching aisle. I have been to the one in Linden, which as good teacher stuff and the one in Watchung on Rt. 22 (where i got the letters for my bulletin boards in white, blue and red). I have also been to the one in Newbrunswick on Rt. 18 - it is down the street from Lakeshore Learning and they have had limited stuff there, hopefully expanding. BUT, in the same mall area, there is an Amazing Savings. i got one of those easel sized writing pads for 2.99, a 100 pieces of white chalk for $1.00 and 100 pieces of colored chalk for $1.98. They also had some pink and blue dry erase boards with magnets for $2. They have terrific deals, especially for plastic folders and portfolios.

19. Alaskanteach

Alaskanteach Cohort

Aug 8, 2006

I went to the dollar tree website- yep 48 states.

20. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2006

The best computer paper!!

Hello everyone,
    Just wanted to remind everyone about the wonderful selection of computer paper that the Dollar Tree has for $1!!!!! When I went back into the store today (probably my 20th time in the last couple of months), I saw a whole shelf of decorative computer paper in different colors and patterns!!!!! Some were sports themes, bubble themes, school themes, flower themes, ladybug poka dot theme etc. The first thing I thought about was, "Hey, this paper would be great to grab for my writing area". I read somewhere about the idea of letting the children publish their final writings on decorative computer paper and having a variety of styles available in the area. Hmmm, great buy I say!! You get 50 pages in one pack. Sure to last a short while and worth it. I can see my children's finished work now!! Guys, go out and grab you a few!!:D :p :D :p :D :p

21. njeledteacher

njeledteacher Cohort

Aug 16, 2006

That is a great idea! I found some today at the Dollar Tree.

22. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Aug 20, 2006

I went back to that same Dollar Tree that I was so dissappointed with, and they opened up a teacher's aisle!! I wasn't so impressed though...maybe it will improve with time! I guess I'll have to find lots of excuses to get to NJ now!!

23. becky

becky Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2006

Yesterday I got beautiful, laminated charts- a map of the United States, Addition Facts, and Flags of The World. They're huge!

24. Youngteacher226

Aug 20, 2006

I bought those same ones! Great deal right?:D

25. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 20, 2006

I bought name plates for desks, a 4 foot Reading Banner, and tons of decorative computer paper that I plan to use for poetry.

I have 2 Dollar Trees within 5 miles of each other. One has an entire aisle of Teacher Stuff and the onther has 4 items at most. Go Figure!! It must be the market. Luckily, the one with the large supply is the one near my house.

I also love the nick nacs to put around my desk. I found a sign shaped like an apple that says...Teacher is Busy...Please Take a Number and it has a little hook with individual apples that each have a number up to 3. I LOVE it!!!!

Has anyone found short sentence strips that stick on like a post-it note? I want to use this for my word wall to save my bulletin board paper from wear and tear.

26. NYSTeacher

NYSTeacher Companion

Aug 20, 2006

I would have NEVER thought the Dollar Tree would havea website.

I wonder if they do online orders?

27. katenar

katenar Cohort

Aug 20, 2006

You can get sticky sentence strips at Staples and I think I saw some at Target too.

28. becky

becky Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2006

Youngteacher, it was indeed a great deal!

29. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 20, 2006

Katenar...thank you!!!
    I will go in search next week!

30. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Aug 21, 2006

I don't think you can order online from them. The site just tells you where to find individual stores and how to sign up for emails.

31. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 21, 2006

I just got back from my Dollar Tree and I'm in heaven. They had, and I bought, really large, heavy duty book baskets! I found 8 white and 8 green!!! I really wasn't crazy about spending 16 bucks today but I know that these have been snatched up by so many teachers and I was very lucky to find them this late in the summer!!! I'm going to put my new classroom library in them!!

32. Youngteacher226

Aug 21, 2006

Just bought a sturdy garmet rack to hang my pocket charts on for centers, minilessons etc. for 10 bucks at Family Dollar!!!!!! Different store than the Dollar Store but good deals just as well.I just couldn't resist the deal and I love the fact that I can move my pocket charts around the room when needed. :p

33. DBC

DBC Guest

Aug 26, 2006

But at Dollar Tree they are 5 for a dollar is travel packs.They also have art brushes six for a dollar.

34. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2006

My dollar tree had a TON of educational posters that I have seen at the teacher store (I think the eurika brand?)

35. Musica

Musica Rookie

Aug 27, 2006

I go to Dollar Tree but I guess in my browsing really never saw the Teaching Tree stuff... but I started reading this thread and decided about an hour ago to go out and check them out a little more.

I was looking through all the die cut shapes, and didn't see anything other than animals, retro, and tools, then over in this messy pile were a bunch more with MUSIC! I about cheered right in the store. These will be pefect to have a border/accent around my small office/room since it can be hard sometimes to find Music stuff. I also picked up some of the die cut letters in a few colors and a packet of reward stickers.

36. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 28, 2006

I posted yesterday about looking in the automotive/electronical department. They have CD pocket charts that you can use for your listening center or your computer center. I don't see my post. I wonder what happened to it?

37. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 28, 2006

Miss W- I don't see it... was it in this thread?

38. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 28, 2006

Yes it was. It was right under post 114, but I don't see it anymore. Oh well. I don't know what happened.

39. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 28, 2006

That's wierd! Sorry, can't figure out what happened!

40. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Aug 29, 2006

I found those at our Dollar Tree also but they had 4 different colors: orange, purple, white, and navy blue. :D I was really excited!