Dollar Tree Finds!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Bumble, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Bumble

Bumble Groupie

Aug 19, 2010

I just wanted to let you all know that Dollar Tree is selling file folder centers. They have a lot for grades 4-6. Usually I only find prek-2nd grade materials. Also, I found post cards that say "A Note From Your Teacher". I also picked up those tri-fold displays that are usually used for science fair experiment displays.

3. arm605

arm605 Rookie

Aug 19, 2010

What types?

Wow! That's great to hear there is something for the 4-6 range. Would you mind sharing what types of file folder games you saw? I don't want to make a special trip if I don't need them. Thanks!

4. Bumble

Bumble Groupie

Aug 19, 2010

Sure, no problem! I bought a geography folder game that comes with cards that asks the location of different continents, countries, oceans. For an example, one card asks "Which continent is also a country?" I also picked up an ELA center that touches on the different parts of speech. (interjections, conjunctions, prepositions, adverbs, adjectives, pronouns, verbs, and nouns). I also bought a math file folder game center that works on multiplication and division. There was one of earth science, but I didn't really like it. I think they are really good quality for $1!

5. pxydst07

pxydst07 Comrade

Aug 19, 2010

I wonder if the Dollar Tree by me has that. I'm definitely stopping there tomorrow! It's worth a trip to see what they have!

6. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Aug 19, 2010

The file folder games are REALLY hard for grades 4-6. They might be more appropriate for 6-8 or even a tad higher. I got the parts of speech one and had to give it away. The earth science one I will use perhaps.

7. Bumble

Bumble Groupie

Aug 19, 2010

I think it depends on your curriculum and you don't have to use all of the cards.

8. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Aug 19, 2010

I read about the file folder games being at Dollar Tree, but I can't seem to find them. :( I am really interested in seeing what these games look like. Were there any at all for the lower grades? Guess I'll be checking out Dollar Tree once again tomorrow.

9. Bumble

Bumble Groupie

Aug 20, 2010

I think there may be a few for the lower grades, but I can't remember.