Dolch Sight Words

Discussion in 'General Education' started by mstnteacherlady, Sep 1, 2008.

1. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Sep 1, 2008

I have been working on some of the Dolch sight words with some of my lower students. I have been making my own worksheets and it's beginning to get old. Does anyone know of a website that offers free worksheets to give students extra practice with these words?

3. emmyblemmy

emmyblemmy Companion

Sep 1, 2008

I'm not sure of a website, but I just invested in the age-appropriate Dolch book with all of the reproducibles. You can get them at Barnes and Noble (prolly 10-15 bucks)- just don't forget to use your teacher discount there!

4. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Sep 2, 2008

Thanks for the response krstlklear. How "young" is the age-appropriate book? My students are 5th graders. That's why I've been making my own worksheets...didn't want them to be too "young."

5. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2008

Go to the Power Teaching website and download the SuperSpeed 100 or 1000 game for free!

6. emmyblemmy

emmyblemmy Companion

Sep 2, 2008

I'm not sure how far up Dolch provides workbooks for. I'm sorry I don't know much else. It can't hurt to check or call bookstores around. Or try Amazon.

By age-appropriate, I meant by my age group, 2nd graders, btw! :) The Dolch books I've seen are categorized by age, grouped by two grades (k-1, 2-3).

7. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Sep 3, 2008

You more than likely won't find a book for your grade level, as the Dolch list stops at third grade. I have a website I use a lot. It is a first grade teacher but I'm able to use some of the things.
    It took a lot to prepare the whole thing but you could use the parts that would work.

http://www.theschoolbell.com/Links/Dolch/Contents.html

I really like it. There are some good ideas. HTH,

Kerry