Dog Theme

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by EiffelTower, Jun 29, 2014.

1. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jun 29, 2014

[​IMG]

I am switching from owls to this dog theme (Hot Doggity Dog) for the upcoming year. Does anyone have any cute ideas (decorations, bulletin board phrases, etc.) to go along with one? I'm going to use dog bowls to hold supplies, but that's about as far as I've gotten. Thanks!

3. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

4. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jun 30, 2014

I used the paw print border for a few years, and each table got to pick a dog breed for their group name. We had the labs, spaniels, collies and beagles. The kids loved it.

5. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jun 30, 2014

"No bones about it, you're a dog-gone terrific class!" with their names on bones.

6. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jun 30, 2014

Thanks for the ideas so far!

7. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 2, 2014

I just finished putting together a whole bunch of new thematic classroom bundles, but I've never done a dog theme. How fun! Plus most kids love dogs so I'm sure they'll be thrilled.

When I work with teachers to set up their classrooms one of my favorite things to do is help them think of 3D elements that can be added to the room to enhance the theme.

How about hanging solid color borders on your borders and then adding dog leashes around the perimeter with push pins.

Could you get one of those huge oversized dog bed pillow things for your reading area?

Perhaps try walking through a pet store to see if any ideas jump out at you. The Dollar Tree also has some dog products you could use.

Be sure to share pictures when you're finished. Have fun!

8. mrsleapfrog

mrsleapfrog Companion

Jul 2, 2014

What about paw print fabric to cover your bulletin boards?

9. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 3, 2014

iheartrecess: I never thought about adding leashes into my classroom decor. That's something to definitely consider. Thanks!

mrsleapfrog: Unfortunately, I think a paw print fabric would clash with the borders that I already bought. I wish I'd thought about that before I bought them.

Now I need a phrase or acronym for my website. I have a page that I update daily to let parents know what we learned in each subject and what homework they can expect. I saw one on Pinterest that said ... WAGS = Week at a Glance, which is what I'm going for. However, I post daily updates, so it needs to be along those lines. My brain hurts trying to come up with something, so anything would be GREATLY appreciated! And it doesn't have to be an acronym. It could just be a phrase, too, like The Bark Post.

Some words I was considering:
    Wag
    Bark
    Tails
    Dog
    Paws
    Woof
    Ruff

Thanks!

10. LMichele

LMichele Cohort

Jul 3, 2014

I had a "Paws-itively Great Work" board. The kids loved it! I stamped their work with a dog paw print stamp.