Doesn't it strike you as odd...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Pisces_Fish, Jul 8, 2009.

1. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jul 9, 2009

I watch a lot of posts and tend to post on TTO most. I look at the others for ideas or if I have a specific quesiton. Sometimes I sort the posts by "All New" and try to contribute where I can.
    Sometimes I wonder if anyone here would notice if something happened to me. I should tell my DH to post something - I hate wondering about people!

2. MrsCheerio

MrsCheerio Rookie

Jul 9, 2009

I'm constantly reading posts, but I haven't had a post of my own for a while. Once I finished student teaching, I haven't had as many questions :)

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

I think some people get busy with other things...I think about mommaruthie- wow, she used to post A LOT and so many good things...she stopped teaching and I think went into real estate. Also Angela- she is the one who made the Ms Powell's website and now has published a book and has a website 'Cornerstone' http://www.thecornerstoneforteachers.com/ Sometimes I think people just need a 'break' for one reason or another and then come back, or 'life' happens and other things take precedence. I'm definitely on the forums A LOT but do take random breaks now and again...like to change things up a bit now and then, set new goals, work on some other pursuits but I'm always drawn back...

4. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

Members I haven't noticed on in awhile: merigold and beth2004, and cassie.

5. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

Dh found an article about how people now need to start making 'technology wills'. Documents with all their user names and passwords, so their loved ones can close up their online business. When you think about it, some of us have complete lives on the computer. Online banking, e-mail, forums, online games, Facebook/Twitter/Linked In, etc. I would have no idea how to access many of dh's accounts without a list of the sites I should look at, then instructions on how to access them.

Becky, totally not depression. Just thinking ahead and covering bases!

6. Mrs.Sheila

Mrs.Sheila Cohort

Jul 12, 2009

I know for me, life just gets busy during the school year. I tend to "hang out " here tons in July and August when the excitement of a new year begins. I want to do better ~ and now that I am not frequenting alot of "weightloss boards" anymore I can actually do better!

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

I know merigold is busy with a newborn. Beth2004 was house hunting.

8. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

Oh Blue! I remember you as Old Teacher:) Glad you are back.

9. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

Life just takes over sometimes. I've had absences where I just couldn't make time to even read one post. I've also posted a question or two, read responses, and then had to hurriedly roll on to the next project. During the school year, I'm out of town almost every weekend.

My DH also fusses at me for being on here so much, he's such a baby. Anyhow, since I have the new laptop I can read, post, and make a few comments about what he's watching, right now, Dirty Jobs, let's weigh this out.... AtoZ or Dirty Jobs....

I know those who have kids just don't have real time to spend here, what with keeping up the laundry, running kids here and there, cooking, grocery shopping. If I still had kids at home I'd be a hit and misser for sure.

I've become attached to so many people here. I'm definitely concerned for mmswm but know she's dealing with circumstances.

10. Carmen13

Carmen13 Groupie

Jul 12, 2009

I do take breaks from posting, but AtoZ is on my favorites and is the only forum where I post at all. Sorry I take long breaks sometimes...
    Like czacza said, "'life' happens and other things take precedence". If I get a teaching job, I'm sure I'll be coming here frequently again.

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

Carmen- love your avatar!!

12. Carmen13

Carmen13 Groupie

Jul 12, 2009

Thank you! It's from my wedding in Portugal...on Valentine's Day! :)

13. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jul 12, 2009

I am on a to z ALL the time in the summer. I go through a ton of ink printing all the great ideas and I "miss" it if I have to be a "grown up" and do something other than sit and soak up great ideas and such on this site.:lol: Honestly, I love this site, not only for the teacher stuff, but for the friendships and advice offered from all the great teachers here. During the school year, I try to visit the site at least on the weekends, but it gets hectic and I do go weeks even months at a time between posts. I love this site and am so grateful for it! :wub:

14. teach2read10

teach2read10 Companion

Jul 12, 2009

My situation

I'm new to this board but could see myself getting addicted. Only time will tell.

15. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 12, 2009

During the school year is the exactly the time I need this board the most!

16. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2009

I am definitely addicted! I've been on here for about 5 or 6 years now... I'll have to go back and look at my profile. I know that when I picked my name I rounded down on how many years till I would start teaching it was closer to 3 than 2 and this will be my 3rd year actually teaching. Anyways, I went post crazy today eating up my last 15 or so posts so I could get to 1,000 :) I post a lot during the year but definitely more so during the summer. I love it and all the people :)

17. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2009

I'm not addicted! I just POST A LOT ON HERE!;):D
    I use to post on 4 other sites but now it's just down to this site and my Family Site. My family site is so dead because all my cousins, uncles and aunties, etc. hardly post on it. It's just my sisters and I that post back and forth on it. It's the coolest site though because relatives submit pictures, SO I get to see cousins that I haven't seen for ages and some other relatives that I have never met. My oldest niece started it so we can keep in touch with everyone in the family. IF YOU WANT TO START ONE FOR YOUR FAMILY, CHECK IT OUT. IT'S WITH FAMILY.COM. It is a GREAT way to keep in touch with those who really matter; :hugs:FAMILY:love:!:hugs:
    Anywy, A to Z rocks!.:D
    Rebel1

18. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Jul 12, 2009

Ha!!!! I thought you too sounded too similar

19. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Jul 12, 2009

I came after ellen_a but I remember when alice went away for a while and perhaps canadian gal? Everyone seemed sort of torn up. I hope my preschool forum would miss me if I were gone a long time.

20. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 12, 2009

I used to be extremely active on another forum, and then I got extremely sick and was gone from the site for TWO YEARS. Several people thought I'd gotten mad and left the forum!

When I went back, I "reinvented" myself as Ima Teacher. That's who I am on all forums.

21. allyd

allyd Rookie

Jul 12, 2009

I get excited about something or really feel like I have something to add, and then I post. Most of the time I just read others thoughts and ideas and later use them.

22. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jul 12, 2009

I'm addicted too! I love to read everyone's great ideas! I'm not looking forward to starting back to school because I won't get to get on here as much. But I guess that will be the case with everyone else too... :)

23. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 13, 2009

This is so nice. It is strangely comforting thinking about you all wondering "what happened to kcjo?" if I went mia! I find myself more on FB this summer, oddly enough. I think because I can access it from my phone easier. I think I really needed a break from teaching stuff. I still check certain threads religiously, just to say hi now and then. I'm on the verge of getting back in teaching mode though!

I think Miss Frizz forgot her password. I miss cMcD, but "see" her via FB. Hmm, who else...who was the one who started the po'd thread in chitchat? There were officers and everything...that was funny. I used to get that person and MasterPreK mixed up...argh...think...mstemple! Yes!

LaProfesora?

I used to wonder about Danny'sNanny, but saw her recently...

Who else...

24. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 13, 2009

I've gone weeks without coming to this site, but usually because it was weeks before I got online at all. I usually read a lot more than I post. I won't be teaching this year, so I haven't been on the elementary and general forums as much, but I am probably going to go back to get my master's this year so I may be back to ask advice on something or another.