Does this process seem odd to you?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Schuyler, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Schuyler

Schuyler Comrade

Mar 15, 2007

I just applied to 50 districts. Most do not have openings. I sent all of them my application materials, and my school sent my recommendation letters.

I was just contacted by 2 of the references I listed, and they told me the school sent them a sheet to fill out about me.

This school has not even sent a letter yet saying they got my information. I just wondered if this is standard procedure. I feel kind of bad that my references have to fill out a form, if I'm just going to go into a pool of 800 applicants (although I'm happy they are doing something with my information). TIA!

3. Musicalgator

Musicalgator Companion

Mar 15, 2007

Maybe it is a way to weed out candidates that are not getting good letters of rec. Or they are doing this before they call in their top 10 candidates. Good Luck!

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 15, 2007

I cannot imagine any school in NY, where they have hundreds of applicants for most jobs, bothering to send those out for each applicant. I'm guessing it's a good sign for you! :)

5. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Mar 15, 2007

In most districts that I have applied to, especially the bigger ones, the question sheets are part of the application process. For some of them I have sent them out to my references, while others have sent them out for me. For most of the districts your application can NOT even be considered unless they have those sheets back and in your file. I know that my refernces got at least 10-20 of those sheets, plus any phone calls that might have been received.

Schyler you might not be contacted until your appplication process is complete. meaning your little sheets all back in your HR file.

6. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Mar 15, 2007

They are starting to require those stupid things here in Maine. I think is rude. Last year I applied to 110+ jobs. Can you imagine my references filling out 110 of those things.