Does this mean that my principal is leaving?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MissEmily, Dec 1, 2019.

1. MissEmily

MissEmily Rookie

Dec 1, 2019

My AP took a leave to go help another school. She wasn’t supposed to be back until the first of the year. She was back way earlier than anticipated. The P has been missing a lot of school days lately. In addition, he hasn’t been sending out weekly updates like he always does. He normally sends them out every Sunday or Monday morning. For the past 2 weeks, nothing. Is it likely that he’s leaving?

3. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Dec 1, 2019

Probably not, but anything is possible. Sometimes things come up. Even principals get sick or have family emergencies. It’s also a busy time of year.

RainStorm likes this.
  4. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Dec 1, 2019

Speculation would simply be a guessing game. Some people like to play those games, which may or may not be you. I have enough on my plate without adding "what if's" to the mix, so I don't engage in those games. I like to live in the here and now, figuring that if there is more information to be shared, it will happen in due time. Others love to speculate, and that is their right. When it comes to a principal, I would simply wait for something along the order of "We are sorry to announce that P has taken a new job at _____ district, effective immediately. Although we are sorry to see him leave, we are pleased to announce that we have hired New P to take his place, and we expect good things from everyone involved."

RainStorm likes this.
  5. MissEmily

MissEmily Rookie

Dec 2, 2019

You both make great points! Just seems odd to me though. This is his first year at this school so I’m wondering if he’s going back to his old school.

6. a2z

a2z Maven

Dec 2, 2019

Will his leaving mid year impact what you do between now and when an announcement is made, if he is really moving schools? Somethings you must just let go and not wonder about, especially if you have absolutely no control over it. Wondering about it only takes mental energy and emotion from you.

7. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Dec 2, 2019

Once you leave your old school, you have been replaced, trust me. A school can't run without a principal for long. That kind of means there is no nice, safe, nest waiting for his return. Is this the principal, by chance, that you think doesn't like you, or you don't like him? If so, I call this wishful thinking.

RainStorm and bella84 like this.