Does anyone use SF Reading Street? If so, what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Iteachtwo, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Iteachtwo

Iteachtwo Companion

Jul 7, 2008

I will be doing a presentation on SF Reading Street and was wondering what other teachers who have used it or are presently using it think of it. FYI - The presentation is for my reading class. :)

3. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2008

I am presently using it. I find that they level well, and there are a ton of activities that come along. It is almost overwhelming sometimes.

I wish they had included more fiction stories, and also wish they had more rigorous center ideas sometimes.

If you need to know anything else, let me know :)

4. Iteachtwo

Iteachtwo Companion

Jul 7, 2008

Thanks, loves2teach! I'm just looking for a little feedback. Your input is great. My partner says that we only have 10 minutes so I just wanted to add a few comments from teachers.

5. AngelM

AngelM Rookie

Jul 7, 2008

I also use this series. I like it and find it challenging in comparison to what has been used in the past. I agree with loves2teach - the center activities seem to lack something. They are okay for starting points, but you really almost need to add to them to make them nice, stand-alone centers (in my opinion).

Also, I have been impressed with the spelling lists that go with the series. Some of the words (especially the "challenge" words) really make the students have to think/work. :)

6. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2008

I agree about the spelling. The language activities are pretty tough as well. I like to use them to supplement my language book.