Does anyone subscribe to edhelper?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Starista, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jan 15, 2007

Hello! =)

I am wondering if anyone subscribes to www.edhelper.com ~ and if they think it's worth the yearly fee?

Thank you so much!

:love:

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 15, 2007

I do subscribe, but don't pay. I did some freelance work for them last year, and they included a subscription.

If and when it runs out, I'm certainly going to subscribe again. I use them all the time for worksheets, ideas, and stuff for my own 3 kids. (Like a quickie "family" wordsearch before a long car ride or something.)

Take a look at their freebies first, and see if you like the direction they take. I think it's well worth the $20 per year. They're constantly updating and adding more info, and are very receptive to what teachers need. If there's something you see as a glaring omission, email them and ask; I'm willing to bet that the need will be filled ASAP.

4. wig

wig Devotee

Jan 15, 2007

Yes. I use it a lot. It is definitely worth the fee.

5. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Jan 15, 2007

Yes, I do and it has been very helpful. I use their printable worksheets quite often. They also have great resources for teaching specific subjects. I was just looking for something on the scientific method for 2nd grade and they had a great little story on it that you can use as a shared reading tool.

6. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jan 15, 2007

The teacher in the classroom next door to me does. She gave me her password, so that I could use it too! I love it.

7. Musicalgator

Musicalgator Companion

Jan 15, 2007

I use it too. I use it a lot for math b/c it meets a lot of our state standards!

8. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Jan 15, 2007

It's great! They have tests for novels and you can change them if you want to to make them more multiple choice or to include essays and stuff.

9. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2007

I would say it's great for worksheets but for ideas for themes or printables like mini-books or activities I haven't been too impressed. I used it to make my word wall cards but other than that it's too worksheet based (like fill in the blank type activities..)

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 15, 2007

I also like their HS stuff. I can tell you that the geometry I worked on is at least as difficult as anything in any textbook I've ever seen.

11. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2007

I have been debating on joining them or http://www.teach-nology.com/ (is anyone a member to that site?)

I have found tons to use on teachnology- but worry that if I pay the subscription for either site, I will not use it.

Tempted to wait until May so I have all summer to print stuff off.

12. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jan 16, 2007

It just seems like $30 is quite a bit to put out right away. It's too bad these sites can't give a free trial period so they get you hooked and then you'll want to subscribe.

13. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 16, 2007

Edhelper has tons of freebies; you can get a pretty good idea of what's there.