Does anyone own Fred Jones Tools for Teaching Video Toolbox that they want to sell?

Discussion in 'Behavior Management' started by AlwaysAttend, May 20, 2012.

1. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

May 20, 2012

Does anyone own Fred Jones Tools for Teaching Video Toolbox that they want to sell? I just figured I'd ask because I want it but don't want to pay $795.00 + shipping and Handling.

If not I might buy it anyway and try to resell it myself after viewing. I'm nearly done with the book but I think visualizing the concepts would be very helpful. Mr. Jones is not going to be in my area so if I wanted to go to a seminar it would cost $350 plus hotel/airfare so the toolbox would still be cheaper.

I'm a 1st year teacher and I am willing to make the investment if it will help me with the year.

Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

3. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2012

My school has the videos and I am going to be watching them this summer so I can help my principals run workshops for new teachers and teachers struggling with classroom management issues. I have read the book and implemented policies a few years ago. I will let you know if the videos are worth the money or if reading the book is sufficient. If I haven't gotten back to you in a week or two feel free to send me a PM.

4. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jun 18, 2012

Thanks. I've decided to just buy them. Let me know what you think of them though. I really liked the book, just hoping the visual will cement the system in my mind. I've already been told it's basically one of their 3 day workshops on tape.

5. wilderrev

wilderrev New Member

Jul 24, 2012

I have one

If you haven't already bought this, I would sell you mine... It's in pristine condition.

6. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jul 24, 2012

I already bought it.

7. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

Jul 29, 2012

Very curious and have to ask.....was it worth $800??

Did you get a lot more out of it than by just reading the book?

8. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jul 29, 2012

I feel like I did because I'm a visual learner. I really only wanted it for visual representations of what I already read. It is exactly what's in the book though so if you feel you can do everything based on the book then I would stick with that. I was able to get a discount so I payed less than the $800. I wouldn't expect most people to buy the set for themselves, it's really meant for districts to use to train their staffs rather than sending everyone for training or hoping that they actually read the book.

9. amorning

amorning New Member

Jul 15, 2013

Are you interested in selling the video set? I am almost done reading the book myself and am finding that I could use a visual, too. It is hard to find online, though.

10. amorning

amorning New Member

Jul 15, 2013

Are you still interested in selling your copy of the videos? I really could use a visual aid to go with the book. :thumb:

11. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2013

I thought the videos were boring. I read the book 2 times before watching the videos and they basically follow right along. It would have been better if I wasn't so familiar with the material.

12. kelllyamanda

kelllyamanda Guest

Jul 21, 2016

Do you still have yours to sell? How much are you selling it for?

If you haven't already bought this, I would sell you mine... It's in pristine condition.[/QUOTE]

13. Ortiz

Ortiz Guest

Sep 24, 2016

[/QUOTE]
    How much are you asking for the Fred Jones Video Toolbox?

14. Sidra

Sidra New Member

Nov 26, 2016

Hi Ortiz,
    I have a Tools for Teaching Video Toolkit, It is the VHS Tape version. It contains: Tools for Teaching Book, (8) VHS Tapes, Tools for Teaching Video Toolbox Handbook, Reading Assignments/ Focus/Focus Questions for Reading/Study Group Activities/Performance Checklist for Each Chapter. It comes in a plastic carrying case.
    I will sell it for $59 plus whatever it costs to send it to you. It you do not want the plastic carrying case it will be a lot cheaper to ship.
    Thanks, let me know if I can help.
    Sidra
    Create a great day!

15. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 27, 2016

Ortiz hasn't been on since September. I think it was one of several threads that was revived in a posting frenzy this weekend.

16. Sidra

Sidra New Member

Nov 27, 2016

Thank you!